Fenway Community Health Dentist in Boston, Massachusetts
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research and advocacy.
In 2013, Fenway Health announced a historic partnership with AIDS Action Committee that allows the two organizations to work more closely together and improve delivery of care and services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts is a leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS, advocating at the city, state, and federal levels for fair and effective AIDS policies, conducting cutting edge HIV prevention programs, and providing health and wellness services to people already living with HIV. Founded in 1983, AIDS Action is New England's largest AIDS service organization.
This position requires work on Saturdays.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director, the Dentist provides professional, high quality dental diagnosis, treatment and education to a broad range of patients, including children, adolescents and adults.
Typical duties include: providing a full range of general dental services within the dentist's defined scope of training; achieving the highest levels of quality, efficiency, patient accessibility and responsiveness to patient needs; and utilizing current comprehensive diagnostic and treatment techniques for providing patient care.
Additional duties include: directing and coordinating the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as requested; following established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; adhering to the principles of continuous quality improvement; maintaining safety, environmental and infection control standards; and performing various other job-related duties as assigned.
NOTE: the Dentist will be expected to maintain necessary credentialing, licensure and continuing education activities. NO LIMITED LICENSE PRACTITIONERS.
Educational and certification-related requirements
- DDS or DMD degree from an accredited U.S. Dental School
- Current licensure in the state of Massachusetts
- Valid DEA license
- Current CPR/AED certification
Required Knowledge, Skill and Technical Qualities
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of modern general dentistry
- Thorough knowledge of dental terminology and dental science
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluations, diagnosis and treatment
- Thorough understanding of the theories, methods and procedures for the prevention of dental diseases and the required corrective treatment
- Proficient in simple and surgical extractions and 1st molar endo
- Knowledge of a community-based dental environment
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Knowledge of ethical and legal standards for the delivery of dental care
- Ability to observe, assess and accurately record symptoms, reactions and progress
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aides and the ability to prescribe dosage and instruct patients in correct usage
- Ability to develop and implement individualized dental care plans for patients
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to respond effectively to pressure situations and time limits
Number of Openings: 2
Number Filled: 0
Location: Dentistry - Fenway (Ansin)
Shift: -not applicable-
Req Number: DEN-17-00019