Boston University Full time Faculty Position – Center for Health Law, Ethics and Human Rights and the Department of Health Law, Policy and Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Tracking Code 8506/I3016 Job Description
Boston University School of Public Health invites applications for a full-time faculty position in health law in the Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights and the Department of Health Law, Policy and Management. We seek a faculty member to join us in educating innovators in health law and policy and advancing the Center’s research agenda. The Center has 40 years of experience in real-world scholarship and advocacy in health law, ethics and human rights, both globally and domestically.
- teaching 2 to 4 health law courses per year, including a required course (Health Systems, Policy and Law)
- advising students in the Master of Public Health degree program
- participating in multidisciplinary research as a member of the Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights
- developing and pursuing a portfolio of scholarly research
Appointment rank and length depend on qualifications.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a J.D. from a United States law school and a record of either demonstrated excellence or potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship in one or more of the following areas: health care organization and financing law, health insurance law, public health law, privacy law, mental health law, drug (prescription and illicit) regulation, research with human subjects, biomedical ethics, public health ethics, human rights and health. Areas outside the scope of this position include environmental, occupational, and professional liability law.
Faculty in the School of Public Health are engaged without tenure under a system of rolling appointments corresponding to faculty rank and merit reviews. Salary and benefits are competitive.
To apply, please send electronic copies of the following to Ms. Gina Duong, Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights, BUSPH [email@example.com]:
- Cover letter, including a statement of teaching and research interests and experience, addressed to Professor Wendy Mariner, Chair, Health Law Search Committee, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
- Names and contact information of references (the search committee will request reference letters as appropriate)
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so applicants should apply as soon as possible.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular