Scholastic Literacy Specialist (per diem) - Massachusetts in Boston, Massachusetts
Literacy Specialist (per diem) - Massachusetts
Boston, Massachusetts, United States at https://scholastic.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/1770/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Jan 17, 2017Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning materials and programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized and comprehensive solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 95 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children.
Our Education Division is seeking to hire an energetic part-time Literacy Specialist (per diem) with deep knowledge and experience with balanced literacy, guided reading, literacy stations, and the 6+1 traits of writing. The primary role of the Literacy Specialist is to deliver literacy based professional learning to district partners across the region.
The Literacy Specialist will also:
• Facilitate professional learning using adult learning methodologies to support best practices in Guided Reading and writing instruction
• Deliver professional learning and coach classroom teachers and coaches on balanced literacy practices and instructional strategies, guided reading in particular
• Support classroom teachers in building content knowledge and understanding their role in the implementation process
• Provide feedback as part of the coaching cycle to pinpoint areas of progress as well as development opportunities
• Maintain highest degree of expertise in literacy instruction and Scholastic product knowledge
• Communicate regularly with project managers about the ongoing professional learning needs of the district
• Maintain professional relationships with districts
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with team and partners
• Master's Degree (or progress toward a Degree) in education or reading related field
• At least 3-5 years’ experience facilitating face-to-face professional learning in literacy and/or reading
• Minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience
• Ability to maintain a travel schedule
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Power Point
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Facilitation skills, professionalism and creativity
• Criminal Background Checks
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Current knowledge of college and career readiness standards
• Knowledge of the human change process and adult learning theories
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here at http://www.scholastic.com/aboutscholastic/files/EEO-is-the-Law-Poster-English.pdf .