Harvard University Research Assistant I Non-Lab in Boston, Massachusetts
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
Founded in 1942, the Department of Nutrition has a long and respected history both nationally and internationally. As a component within the Harvard medical community, the department engages in a wide range of collaborative projects with scientists in other departments and institutions. As one of Harvard University's ten graduate schools, the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health emphasizes not only the development and implementation of disease prevention and treatment programs, but also the planning and management of systems involved in the delivery of health services in this country and abroad.
With a particular focus on the area of nutrition in sustainable agriculture, and under direction of a faculty member or research staff the research assistant will be responsible for:
- Conducting literature searches, reviews, and data extraction from published papers.
- Undertaking searches of public documents, and some writing and summarization.
- Assisting with manuscript preparation including writing some sections of papers, formatting, creating figures and table, in addition to checking references.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of 1 year from date of hire with the possibilility of extension.
- 1+ years related work experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- College or Master's degree or equivalent experience.Training or experience in sustainable agriculture is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in sustainable agriculture is a distinct advantage.
- Applicable experience with computer technologies, including Microsoft software is a necessity. Experience conducting literature searches using search resources such as PubMed are added advantages. Strong commitment to public health.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of organization.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.