Franciscan Hospital for Children Interim Director, Child Care Center in Brighton, Massachusetts
Interim Director, Child Care Center
Child Care Center
Title: Interim Director, Child Care Center
Department: Child Care Center
Schedule: Full Time
At Franciscan Children's, we bring an unparalleled level of expertise to children with complex medical, mental health and educational needs so they can receive specialized care in a compassionate and positive environment. We share an unwavering commitment to excellence, ensuring that every child has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential and live their best life.
If you're looking for a position where you can truly make a difference, Franciscan Children's may be the place for you. We're seeking talented employees who bring a passion for service and a desire to improve the lives of children. Join our team in the convenient, accessible Brighton neighborhood of Boston. Learn how your talents can help...so every kid can.
POSITION SUMMARY: Interim Director needed for Franciscan's Child Care Center! Date expexted Early May-Early August.
Reports to the V.P. of Education. Exercising delegated authority is accountable for the management of the Family Child Care Center. The Director is accountable for planning and providing high quality child care, consistent with the mission, values and operating principles of the institution. Monitors day-to-day activity of the department and is accountable for ensuring safe, supportive and competent child care is uniformly and consistently provided by the center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assures that the department is sufficiently staffed with the appropriate mix of professional and support personnel to meet DEEC regulations, provide optimum care of children and accomplish established goals and objectives; ensures proper orientation and training of new hires; ensures that quality of work and productivity levels meet established standards. Maintains a clean, safe, and supportive work environment
· Defines qualifications, responsibilities and functions of subordinate staff in a manner consistent with current standards and practices and with the institution's values and culture; promotes the institution's mission, values and operating principles among staff Employs strategies to maintain employee morale, ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees; and retain staff Assures employee competency through day-to-day performance management, ongoing training, and annual documentation of formal evaluation, hospital inservice requirements, coaching and goal setting.
· Develops, secures approval of, maintains, periodically updates, and implements policies and procedures that integrate with hospital wide policies and ensure the provision of consistently competent, compassionate and cost-effective child care.
· Recommends the department space, and other resources needed for the provision of quality services. Conducts determination-of-need and cost-benefit studies and recommends purchases of supplies, and equipment.
· Develops, recommends, secures approval of, and monitors departmental budgets in order to meet organizational goals. Effectively manages departmental resources to contribute to the overall sound financial management of the institution and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
· Develops, institutes and monitors child care practices, and establishes departmental standards for appropriate child centered curriculums and activities. Insures the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
· Provides a supportive environment where children's growth and development is encouraged through a child centered curriculum, maintaining age appropriate
standards to children from early childhood through adolescence. Performs all duties of subordinates as necessary to maintain optimum services.
· Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, and accepted standards of all licensing bodies, accrediting agencies, and meets or exceeds all DEEC standards. Maintains appropriate records and documentation; initiates corrective action as necessary.
· Promotes public and professional awareness about child care issues and remains current with child development, child study, and child care curriculums; develops strategies to maintain enrollment at or near capacity and expansion of the center while remaining competitive; integrates center marketing activities with overall hospital marketing efforts.
· Attends and participates in assigned hospital committees and meetings. Maintains appropriate liaison with other departments and services; develops cooperative relationships to resolve problems, fosters teamwork and coordinates policies and services in support of organizational improvement.
Education and Experience:
Requires baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education, Administration or other
Requires DEEC Director II qualifications.
Requires several years of experience in Education Administration.
Skills and Abilities:
Advanced interpersonal skills, strong team player;
strong skills in personnel management and leadership;
highly developed planning and organizational skills;
ability to address many different problems and issues at the same time;
strong analytical skills;
highly developed ability to plan, direct, and control;
strong problem-solving and decision making ability.
ability to lift, place and move supplies, toys such as slides and rocking boats, and
equipment, usually not more than 20-30 lb.
Ability to lift and/or carry children usually not more than 40 lb.; move quickly, play and
run with children.
Ability to clean and move furniture when necessary.
Work involves diapering children and the possible exposure to blood and body fluids. Conditions common to a child care center, which is in a hospital setting.