Franciscan Hospital for Children Pediatric Dentist in Brighton, Massachusetts
Title: Pediatric Dentist
Schedule: 4 hours/week
At Franciscan Children's, we bring an unparalleled level of expertise to children with complex medical, mental health and educational needs so they can receive specialized care in a compassionate and positive environment. We share an unwavering commitment to excellence, ensuring that every child has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential and live their best life.
If you're looking for a position where you can truly make a difference, Franciscan Children's may be the place for you. We're seeking talented employees who bring a passion for service and a desire to improve the lives of children. Join our team in the convenient, accessible Brighton neighborhood of Boston. Learn how your talents can help...so every kid can.
A part-time position for a pediatric dentist to provide oral health care for healthy and special needs infants, children, adolescents and teenagers up to the age of 21 years, in the outpatient clinic and in the operating room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Thoroughly and accurately examines dental and oro-facial structures, and utilizes appropriate diagnostic equipment to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatment
· Provides proficient oral care for healthy and special needs infants, children, adolescents and teenagers up to the age of 21 years in the outpatient dental clinic
· Provides competent oral care for healthy and special needs infants, children, adolescents and teenagers up to the age of 21 years with SHCN in the operating room
· Writes timely and accurate patient records in the electronic dental and medical record systems to facilitate timely filing of insurance claims
· Documents complete, thorough and timely referrals to specialists
· Documents complete, thorough and timely communication with other health care providers to facilitate appropriate care
· Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities
· Stays abreast of new developments through continuing professional development
Education, Experience and Skills required:
Education: Graduation from an ADA approved dental school: DDS or DMD
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Pediatric Dentistry
Experience: Hospital-based experience preferred
Skills/Abilities: Proficiency in all aspects of pediatric dentistry
Physical Environment: Outpatient dental clinic and operating room
Manual Dexterity: As appropriate for provision of oral care
Franciscan Children's is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This posting is eligible for employee referral program rewards at Franciscan Children's.
Read our inspirational stories about staff, students, patients and families to learn more about us.
Find more job openings at www.FranciscanChildrens.org/careers.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube for current news and events.
Contact us for more information:
30 Warren Street
Brighton, MA 02135
Fill out our online form.