Harvard University Academic and Technology Support Administrator in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 42760BR
Business Title Academic and Technology Support Administrator
School/Unit Harvard Law School
Location USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function Faculty & Student Services
Time Status Full-time
Schedule Monday through Friday, 9 to 5
Salary Grade 056
Union 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities Reports to the Associate Registrar for Technology and Enrollment Services and assists with all aspects of data management within the Registrar’s Office as it relates to student information, cross-registration, course evaluations, and enrollment. Coordinates routine data sharing across HLS and other Harvard University entities, including processing tuition and fee charges, and acts as departmental contact for ad hoc data inquiries. Working with the Associate Registrar, assists in the performance of quality assurance testing on incoming data and new features and bug fixes in the student information system. This position oversees ongoing academic support with curricular materials used by faculty and students; maintains departmental web pages and assists with the ongoing efforts to ensure web accessibility across the department where applicable; and works in collaboration with the Associate Registrar to identify new technology initiatives to improve faculty and student experience, processing systems, and data integrity. Works as team member on large scale events and projects.
• Responsible for data integrity and consistency in the student information system; performing routine data audits to ensure accuracy.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all curricular related materials such as online course evaluations which involves coordinating with faculty and visiting lecturers to ensure each evaluation cycle (fall, winter, and spring) is successful; oversight of the online course syllabi archive to ensure a robust collection of faculty syllabi; serving as the point person for Canvas related inquiries; and keeping abreast with academic policy particularly as it relates to these functions.
• Responsible for coordinating annual transfer of data files between two admissions offices and the HLS student information system; oversight in developing and maintaining a paperless student record file system.
• Collaboration in the performance of quality assurance testing on incoming data and works with the Associate Registrar to test new features and bug fixes in the student information system; extensive involvement with systems upgrades.
• Initiates improvements for a variety of online academic services for faculty, staff, and students.
• Creates and maintains student records across multiple university systems. Generates ad hoc reports as requested; special data management and projects as assigned.
• Coordinates data sharing with other HLS and HU entities. Works with Central Harvard Administration to ensure quality data sharing; identifies and troubleshoots issues providing proposals for resolution.
• Responsible for creating and processing all billing files including tuition/fees and the reconciliation of tuition accounts as prescribed by centralized financial controls.
• Coordinates and facilitates the ongoing training of all SmartClient and student self-service users as it pertains to student, course, and enrollment data and reports.
Additional responsibilities listed in "Additional Information."
Basic Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree is required or a combination of education and experience. A minimum of three years of progressively responsible and successful experience in a related area is required.
Additional Qualifications Additional Qualifications: Detail-oriented with proven ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple time-sensitive projects independently. Discretion, judgment, and an ability to work with sensitive information in a confidential manner. Must be able to respond to changes with flexibility, initiative and a resourceful approach to problem solving. Strong organizational, technical, interpersonal, and communications skills required. Must have solid experience working independently overall, with proven skills and interest in contributing to ongoing process/technological enhancements. Experience editing webpages using WordPress preferred. Demonstrated record of strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated success in working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. Experience in data oversight within complex student records system. Familiarity with relational database structures is preferred. Ability to work effectively and rapidly during periods of high demand and stress and handle large volumes of data entry.
Additional Information During demanding periods (6 times per year), significant evening/early morning and occasional weekends.
All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
• Maintains departmental web pages, working with stakeholders on presentation, consistency, and accuracy of information supporting the ongoing efforts to ensure web accessibility; serves as the Online Colocation lead.
• Provides support with exam administration as necessary becoming familiar with exam software to provide technical support when needed.
• Prepares and maintains system/operational documentation, and assists with developing workflows and control procedures.
• Serves as a member of the Student Information Systems User Group.
• Accountable for the security and integrity of student data as guided by FERPA regulations.
• Performs other duties as required.
Pre-Employment Screening Credit
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.