Harvard University Assistant Director for Alumni Advising, Harvard Law School Bernard Koteen Office of Public Interest Advising in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 42796BR
Business Title Assistant Director for Alumni Advising, Harvard Law School Bernard Koteen Office of Public Interest Advising
School/Unit Harvard Law School
Location USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function General Administration
Time Status Part-time
Schedule This is a 15 hour/week position. The work schedule is to be determined.
Department HLS^Pblc Interest
Salary Grade 000
Union 95 - Non-Union, less than half time
Duties & Responsibilities • Oversee all aspects of alumni career services for Harvard Law School alumni who are interested in public sector opportunities.
• Counsel alumni; plan, develop and implement comprehensive career programs, workshops and alumni tailored initiatives; develop all related online and print communications.
• The OPIA Alumni Advisor will work closely and coordinate with the Office of Career Services Alumni Advisor.
• Advise numerous alumni about seeking and landing public sector positions.
• Edit application materials such as resumes and cover letters.
• Develop expertise in multiple public service practice setting
Basic Qualifications • JD and a minimum of 3 years of post-law school legal experience in the public sector (nonprofits, government or private public interest firms).
• Experience advising law students and lawyers absolutely required – preferably in a career services office. Facility for networking, public speaking and technology a must.
Additional Qualifications • A mixture of private sector (big law) and public service experience desirable. Familiarity with career assessment tools also desirable. Event planning experience highly desirable.
• Knowledge of the public sector job market and willingness to develop expertise in a wide range of fields and application procedures.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, willingness to pitch in as needed, willingness to travel at least twice a year and to participate in occasional evening events.
Additional Information All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Pre-Employment Screening Education
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.