Harvard University Assistant Director of Admissions in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Harvard Law School
Faculty & Student Services
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
Reports to Director of Admissions. Works with team of admissions professionals to recruit and enroll a dynamic class.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Strategic responsibilities: Work directly with the Director to implement strategic goals for the Admissions Office across marketing, selecting and yielding the most promising J.D. talent in the US and globally. Primary data gathering and analysis to support strategic decision making across multiple initiatives in the Admissions Office.
• Marketing and recruitment: Maintain and develop data analysis tools and metrics designed to measure the impact of various in-person and virtual recruitment efforts. Represent the law school at various fairs, forums, virtual events, universities and receptions across the country. Help cultivate relationships with peer law schools as well as with pre-law advisors while traveling. Significant travel required in Fall months. Answer questions from prospective students regarding programs, application policies, etc. Serve as "Brand Ambassador" for HLS. Plan and execute own travel including content needs as well as budget and logistics. Execute on social media strategy.
• Class selection: Maintain and develop data analysis tools and programs that help monitor developing class profile. Create reports for the Office and for review by the Director and Associate Dean. Serve as voting member of office admissions committee, with final decision-making authority on a subset of applicant files. Apply best practices in admissions file review and make recommendations on path for specific files. Responsible for reviewing 25% of files per cycle. Make recommendations for files to be reviewed by Faculty Admissions Committee based on applicant's academic background, professional experiences and character and fitness responses. Interview applicants via video-conference.
• Yield activities: Determine decision-making path for individual students and help answer their specific questions about HLS. Develop strategic messaging for individual applicants to personalize the post-admissions process and set goals to determine message effectiveness. In-depth counseling regarding selection of law school, differences among financial aid offers, and decisions about starting immediately versus deferring law school admission. Develop and maintain the metrics that will allow the office to evaluate the effectiveness of the yield communication plan and activities. Keep real-time data on yield throughout the cycle. Participate in Admitted Students Weekends, with responsibility for planning and executing specific tasks throughout the programs.
• Major programmatic/functional responsibilities: Data analysis expert. Work with other members of the office, as well as with other offices to support strategic goal-setting across programs. Design survey tools for data gathering. Prepares complex reports and highlights trends and issues for supervisors. Prepare data for ABA, Princeton Review and other external publications. Functional expertise in best uses of social media.
Weekend work required. Performs other duties as necessary
B.A. and a minimum of 5 years of related experience, including high level of quantitative responsibility and customer service focus.
Advanced degree preferred. Sound judgment, discretion with highly confidential data, strong writing and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage program/projects and comfort working across high-functioning teams. Must be comfortable with advanced data analysis including but not limited to: statistical analysis, writing macros, pivot tables, index/matching, arrays, goal seek and named ranges.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.