City of Cambridge Community School Director at Fletcher/Maynard Academy, Division of Community Schools in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Community School Director will be responsible for the supervision of the Program Assistant, Instructors and Program participants. He/She will specifically: **
- Work collaboratively with the Inclusion Initiative in the development, implementation and management of an inclusionary out of school time program for children in the Fletcher Maynard Academy Community.
- Ensure programs meet standards of high quality youth programs.
- Develop and implement programs for adults, families and seniors.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate afterschool Instructors/Specialists and summer program staff.
- Manage and oversee a full day Summer Camp Program.
- Develop, implement and manage a summer Arts in the Parks program in the Fletcher/Maynard community.
- Publicize programs/activities using all available means.
- Recruit and supervise participants enrolled in program/activities.
- Evaluate programs and maintain all records necessary to assess program quality.
- Work collaboratively with the Agenda for Children (QIS) Integrated Self-Assessment Initiative to develop best practices and improve program quality.
- Provide regular fiscal reports to Program Manager and Fiscal offices of DHSP.
- Manage facilities used for all programs/activities including responsibility for building supervision and security.
- Develop outreach and maintain close communication and collaboration with school staff, neighborhood organizations and service providers to ensure access to programs for children.
- Develop and work with residents of the Fletcher/Maynard Academy community to actively promote the involvement of community residents in planning programs and activities for children, adults and seniors.
- Participate in Director's meetings, program development meetings and division meetings.
- Participate in on-going professional development training to enhance program practices and quality
Minimum of three years' experience supervising staff and developing and implementing programs for children, adults, seniors and families in a community based setting. Excellent organizational and administrative skills required, and must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Be able to demonstrate success generating revenue and have a strong financial background. Experience in inclusionary programming for children with special needs is strongly desired. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.**
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *The duties of the job involve a good deal of sitting, standing, walking and oftentimes engaging with children on the floor. *Must have sufficient mobility to travel between sites on a regular basis. Employee must occasionally transport materials weighing up to 50 pounds from one site to another.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Time will be divided primarily between the Department of Human Services main site, and the Community School site. DHSP main site is a general office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Community School site is on multiple levels in school building.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest by 8pm on the closing date via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Community School Director at Fletcher/Maynard Academy, Division of Community Schools
Job Code: M428-703
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hrs/wk; some evenings and weekend hours
POSTING DATE: April 19, 2017
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2017
RATE: $51,090 - $60,590 + benefits