Harvard University Residency Administrator in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 42144BR
Business Title Residency Administrator
School/Unit Harvard Graduate School of Education
Location USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function General Administration
Time Status Full-time
Department Doctoral Programs
Salary Grade 055
Union 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities The Residency Administrator drives the matching process and provides field support for the residency component of the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) Program. A three-year, practice-based doctoral degree enrolling 25 mid-career students in each cohort, the Ed.L.D. prepares graduates for system-level leadership positions in the American education sector. The Residency Administrator can expect to work with considerable independence and also benefit from working within a highly collaborative team supporting all doctoral students at HGSE. The work involves significant orchestration of detail and skilled, high-service interaction with doctoral students and with leaders and administrators within more than 100 leading districts, state education agencies and preK-12 education nonprofits across the United States. The Residency Administrator reports to the Residency Director; this two-person residency team orchestrates and supports all elements of the residency.
Matching residency candidates and partner organizations:
• Support the Residency Director in outreach to and engagement of 100+ potential partner organizations interested in hosting Ed.L.D. residents each summer/fall.
• Plan and execute the interview and matching processes among candidates and partner organizations, from scheduling and logistics to expense submission and tracking.
• Manage residency document distribution and return (i.e., official memoranda of understanding).
• Clearly communicate residency policies and processes to students and partner organizations (verbally and in written communication).
Support the professional development and student experience of Ed.L.D. candidates in their 10-month residencies:
• Plan and execute the logistics of professional development events (similar to conferences) for residents and their supervisors, including May Residency Launch and Fall and Winter Return Campus Visits
• Plan and execute Capstone Defense Week each April for 25 Ed.L.D. candidates (final graduation requirement).
• Assist the Residency Director with student case management.
• Oversee the health insurance waiver and reinstatement process which ensures residents have continuous health coverage.
• Manage residency-related financial transactions, including vendor payments and salary invoices.
• Act as a collaborative liaison to colleagues in the HGSE finance, IT, events functions, and registrar’s offices.
• Maintain and continuously improve Residency- and Capstone-related segments of the Ed.L.D. Program website and other student-facing communications.
• Perform other job-related duties as required.
Both the Residency Director and the Residency Administrator function as part of a team of faculty and staff who support the Ed.L.D. program under the general direction of the Ed.L.D. Faculty Director and the Associate Dean for Doctoral Programs.
Basic Qualifications Minimum 3+ years of professional experience.
Candidates who wish to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to a resume.
In addition any candidate wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements
in either their cover letter or resume.
Additional Qualifications Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Excellent written communication skills. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; strong client service orientation. Discretion with confidential information; strong judgment. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and complete them in a timely manner. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Information Please attach resume and cover letter as one document.
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community which values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Pre-Employment Screening Identity
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.