Harvard University Residency Administrator in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Harvard Graduate School of Education
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
The Residency Administrator drives the matching process and provides field support for the residency component of the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) Program. A three-year, practice-based doctoral degree enrolling 25 mid-career students in each cohort, the Ed.L.D. prepares graduates for system-level leadership positions in the American education sector. The Residency Administrator can expect to work with considerable independence and also benefit from working within a highly collaborative team supporting all doctoral students at HGSE. The work involves significant orchestration of detail and skilled, high-service interaction with doctoral students and with leaders and administrators within more than 100 leading districts, state education agencies and preK-12 education nonprofits across the United States. The Residency Administrator reports to the Residency Director; this two-person residency team orchestrates and supports all elements of the residency.
Matching residency candidates and partner organizations:
• Support the Residency Director in outreach to and engagement of 100+ potential partner organizations interested in hosting Ed.L.D. residents each summer/fall.
• Plan and execute the interview and matching processes among candidates and partner organizations, from scheduling and logistics to expense submission and tracking.
• Manage residency document distribution and return (i.e., official memoranda of understanding).
• Clearly communicate residency policies and processes to students and partner organizations (verbally and in written communication).
Support the professional development and student experience of Ed.L.D. candidates in their 10-month residencies:
• Plan and execute the logistics of professional development events (similar to conferences) for residents and their supervisors, including May Residency Launch and Fall and Winter Return Campus Visits
• Plan and execute Capstone Defense Week each April for 25 Ed.L.D. candidates (final graduation requirement).
• Assist the Residency Director with student case management.
• Oversee the health insurance waiver and reinstatement process which ensures residents have continuous health coverage.
• Manage residency-related financial transactions, including vendor payments and salary invoices.
• Act as a collaborative liaison to colleagues in the HGSE finance, IT, events functions, and registrar's offices.
Minimum 3+ years of professional experience.
Candidates who wish to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to a resume.
In addition any candidate wishing to be considered for this position must indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements
in either their cover letter or resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.