City of Cambridge Teacher for Adult Education Pre-ASE Reading Class (part-time) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pre-ASE Reading Teacher will teach a class that is aligned with the College and Career Readiness Standards and the CLC's Pre-ASE Reading Scope and Sequence. The teacher will teach essential reading, writing, and critical thinking skills through a series of thematic units, largely social studies focused.
- Ability to simplify complex concepts for students at a 6-8th grade reading level
- Dynamic, engaging teaching style
- Comfort teaching all dimensions of ELA, social studies, study and research skills, and visual literacy
- Ability to work under the supervision of a full-time staff person and to take constructive feedback
- High level of organization, motivation, and conscientiousness
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum two years' teaching experience
- Experience teaching adult basic education students strongly preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:eneral office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copiesof bothyour resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit bothyour resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to: Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312. Applicants may also apply by going to schoolspring.com and apply for Job ID# 2810214 or go to https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2810214**
Position will remain open until filled. Review of resumes will begin June 21st.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Teacher for Adult Education Pre-ASE Reading Class (part-time)
Job Code: K035
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 5 hours; Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:45-9:15 p.m. plus 2 hours preparation
POSTING DATE: June 16, 2017
RATE: $26.31 per hour (2.5% COLA will be added effective 7/1/17)