City of Cambridge Teachers for Adult Education Classes, (ABE/ASE Reading/Writing, ABE/ASE Math, ABE/ASE Science, and/or Computer Skills), Community Learning Center (CLC) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach one or more of the following subjects to adult students:
* * ABE/ASE Reading/Writin * ABE/ASE Math * ABE/ASE Science * Basic computer Skills * Develop instructional materials and lessons, based on CLC Curriculum, Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Frameworks, and College and Career Readiness Standards for Adults * Provide on-going assessment of students * Keep records of student attendance * Conference individually with students at the end of each semester * Review and track goals and achievements with students * For higher levels, assist students in developing or reviewing education and career plans through classroom activities * Integrate technology into instruction * Communicate with advisors about student issues * Participate in staff and program development activities
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in ABE/High school equivalency preparation Reading, Math, Science, and/or Computer Skills with adult learners
- Sensitivity to the needs of the adult learner population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching Reading/Writing, Math, and/or**Computer Skills; experience teaching adult basic education students strongly preferred
- Experience with the needs of adult learners in a community-based setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *General office and classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copiesof bothyour resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit bothyour resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312. Applicants may also apply by going to schoolspring.com and apply for Job ID# 2808188 or go to https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2808188. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Most positions begin in September, 2017.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Teachers for Adult Education Classes, (ABE/ASE Reading/Writing, ABE/ASE Math, ABE/ASE Science, and/or Computer Skills), Community Learning Center (CLC)
Job Code: K035
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: Part Time 3.5 to 19.5 hours per week, mornings and/or evenings. Paid preparation time: for each 1.5 hour contact time, 1 hour paid preparation time
POSTING DATE: June 13, 2017
RATE: $ 26.31 hr. (2.5% COLA will be added effective 7/1/17)