Harvard University Use-of-Name Policy Advisor in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Office of the President and Provost
Harvard Trademark Program
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
This position reports into and works in conjunction with the Senior Policy Advisor in the administration of Harvard University's use-of-name policies and guidelines. Harvard is a diverse and highly decentralized academic community and, therefore, well-honed experience in the arena of policy (or comparable) administration is essential for success in this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts Use-of-Name Reviews and Assessments:
- Reviews and analyzes confidential, and at times, highly sensitive, use-of-name inquiries from members of the Harvard community and from external parties that have business relationships with Harvard;
- Ensures that resulting assessments are in accord with the University's use-of-name policies and guidelines, as well as established practices;
- Issues written determinations based on those assessments.
- Assists the Senior Policy Advisor with the following:
- Advising members of the Harvard community on the resolution of use-of-name matters and educating members on the application of the University's use-of-name policies and guidelines to those matters;
- Identifying, developing, and implementing strategic initiatives and process improvements related to the effective administration of the policies and guidelines;
- Training and advising the use-of-name representatives for Harvard's schools on the application of the use-of-name policies and guidelines to school-related use-of-name matters;
- Developing policies and guidelines that support, supplement, and clarify the University's use-of-name policies, for consideration by the Trademark Program's Executive Director and the University's Trademark Policy Committee.
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for this role.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of comparable experience, in academia and/or at Harvard. Computer proficiency in word-processing, data entry, spreadsheet and database software knowledge and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.