J&J Family of Companies R&D Talent Development Curriculum Lead in Irvine, California
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently searching for an R&D Talent Development Curriculum Lead. The preferred location is New Brunswick, NJ, though alternate J&J locations including West Chester, PA, Raynham, MA, Irvine, CA, Somerville, NJ, or Cincinnati, OH are acceptable.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive healthcare business in the world. The Medical Devices business of Johnson & Johnson offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of orthopedics, general surgery, and cardiovascular & specialty solutions. Our mission is to reach more patients & restore more lives with the best in healthcare innovation.
The R&D Talent Development Curriculum Lead will focus on Early in Career and Mid-Level Leaders to build and implement a consistent cross Medical Device curriculum. This individual will create a learning environment to develop desired capabilities and skills to deliver the R&D strategy. The responsibilities will include the following:
• Map out R&D capability needs and conduct a training needs assessment across Medical Devices.
• Create training that leverages on-line and in-person assets across Johnson & Johnson.
• Develop core curricula for both Leadership and Technical development.
• Ensure implementation in partnership with HR and existing talent development resources across the business, including faculty selection, logistics for delivery, etc.
• Build and manage training technology, including online training modules.
• Manage all tracking for quality and improvements, budget, updates to curriculum etc.
• Own relationship with Global Talent Management and J&J R&D resources to integrate enterprise programs.
• Manage external vendor process/partnerships to augment curricula.
Phased Areas of Focus – This role is part of a long-term investment in R&D talent that will build over time to include the following:
• Initial focus in early career will be on the EDGE program and the pull through of that talent into the mid-level programs. The role will initially focus on the population in the Leadership and Technical Development Programs.
• The role will be expanded to the broader R&D population, once these curricula are established. This will also focus on the NPD University – which is being piloted and would be further rolled out across MD at Early and Mid-career levels.
• The role will continue to shape R&D Talent strategy and build out that strategy at more senior levels.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Education or Organization Development is required. An advanced degree in organizational development or human resources is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of business experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience within curriculum development, leadership development, learning & development and/or related field is required.
• Demonstrated track record of leveraging existing programs to deliver learning across a matrix environment is required.
• Experience building and delivering innovative learning technologies and approaches is required.
• Vendor and budget management experience is preferred.
• Experience within project management, logistics management and execution is required.
• Engineering and science understanding is required; experience within Medical Devices or STEM background is preferred.
• The ability to set strategic priorities and implement training needs based on business demands is required.
• The ability to deliver blended learning programs is required.
• Change leadership and change management skills are required.
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills are required.
• Proven track record of building governance and leading virtual and informal teams is required.
• Must be able to travel 20% of the time, mostly to domestic destinations.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)