Tufts University Program Coordinator - School of Engineering in Medford, Massachusetts
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Program Coordinator - School of Engineering - 17001224
The Tufts University School of Engineering, founded in 1898, houses six academic departments, the Tufts Gordon Institute, and the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach. The Engineering Dean's Office, in partnership with the school community and university administration, is responsible for setting strategy and policy and providing administrative oversight for the school. The Engineering Dean’s Office is the administrative home of the dean, Linda M. Abriola, the associate deans, and other administrative staff. The Associate Dean for Graduate Education, Dr. Karen Panetta, serves as the Dean’s representative on graduate education and provides leadership to support, enhance, and develop graduate education and policies in the SOE.
The Graduate Programs Coordinator serves as the primary staff member handling graduate programs in the School of Engineering. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Graduate Education, the graduate programs coordinator handles all administrative duties related to graduate education in the SOE.
- Managing the Associate Dean of Engineering’s Calendar and supporting her administrative needs.
- Gathering graduate admissions and enrollment data and developing trends, reports and maintaining databases and tracking of Graduate information.
- Gathering graduate student graduate data and academic standing reports on engineering graduate students.
- Arranging meetings and preparing meeting minutes for SOE graduate meetings.
- Wordpress/webpage maintenance of the graduate engineering faculty resource website.
- Processing graduate travel, fellowship awards and expense vouchers submitted by graduate students.
- Organizing and processing the graduate fellowship award competition.
- Procurement of promotional items to support events.
- Organizing Graduate SOE events and SOE graduate student training events, including open house, graduation events, joint AS&E graduate events, and graduate fair.
- Responding to general prospective SOE graduate student inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office software, wordpress.
- Previous experience in academic affairs or graduate education preferred.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: School of Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Apr 18, 2017, 2:49:28 PM