Tufts University Social Sciences Team Lead - Tisch Library in Medford, Massachusetts
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Social Sciences Team Lead - Tisch Library - 17001340
Tisch Library supports Tufts’ School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering, providing services and resources to assist members of the Tufts community in their teaching, learning, and research. Tisch Library provides collections, expertise, and technology-rich environments to support the creation and dissemination of scholarship. The Research & Instruction Department works with staff, students, and faculty to incorporate information resources into the curriculum; designs course-based and open workshops; provides research consultation services; and develops new services and programs to support teaching, learning, and scholarship at Tufts.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Research & Instruction, this position leads the library's support for the social sciences by coordinating instructional and research services to students and faculty in the School of Arts and Sciences. The Team Lead is responsible for supervising the Social Sciences Team of librarians, promoting collegiality, providing mentorship, and fostering a responsive and user-oriented team. The position is responsible for conducting ongoing needs assessment and engagement with the community to develop and maintain a robust and integrated set of programs and activities that strengthen the library’s role in supporting teaching and research in the social sciences. As a participant in the library liaison program, this position will provide liaison services for two or more departments in the social sciences. The Team Lead will play a key role in supporting departmental strategic initiatives, including pedagogy, user experience, and assessment.
- Master's degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in an academic library.
- Experience with library research tools relevant to the social sciences.
- Experience teaching information literacy in an academic library or higher education setting.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices, current issues, and trends in teaching information literacy skills and behaviors.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to outstanding public service.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment as well as take initiative on independent projects.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community.
- Supervisory experience.
- Additional advanced degree in the social sciences.
- Experience with creating digital learning objects, tutorials, or modules.
- Knowledge of the issues and trends in the scholarship of teaching and learning in higher education.
- Experience with project management, including planning, communication, and assessment.
- Collection development experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Tisch Library
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2017, 8:02:10 AM