Riverside Community Care Teaching Assistant - Part Time in Milford, Massachusetts
Great opportunity to join a unique, innovative therapeutic school program that enables students to develop confidence and success in academic achievement and social situations.
The Riverside School aims to provide student-centered educational experiences that foster a culture of mutual respect and appreciation for learning.
Our services support opportunities for leadership within the school, home and larger community, allowing youth to develop self-esteem and to graduate within a timeframe commensurate with their peers.
The Teaching Assistant will:
- work as part of a team to provide direct supports, social skill groups, tutorial services, guidance, education, advocacy and supervision for students
- support the human rights of individuals through the development of self-worth, empowering individuals to become the primary decision makers in their lives
- offer listening and counseling presence for individuals with questions/concerns
The Riverside School is a 12-month school with 6 weeks of scheduled vacation.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (30 hours per week)
Occasional evenings required to attend parent advisory board meetings, open house events and other community building events.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to function independently
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle required for local travel Required Experience
Bachelor's Degree required
- Previous experience working with individuals with special needs preferred
Tracking Code: 1798-709
Job Location: Milford, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Part-Time