Riverside Community Care Special Education Teacher in Needham, Massachusetts
Great opportunity to join a unique, innovative therapeutic school program that enables students to develop confidence and success in academic achievement and social situations.
The Riverside School aims to provide student-centered educational experiences that foster a culture of mutual respect and appreciation for learning.
Our services support opportunities for leadership within the school, home and larger community, allowing youth to develop self-esteem and to graduate within a timeframe commensurate with their peers.
Primary responsibilities of the Special Education Teacher include:
- teaching and participating in milieu development
- crisis intervention
- family meetings
- interagency case conferences
- development of IEP and progress notes
Working as part of a collaborative team, the Special Education Teacher will work to develop individualized action plans and participate in professional development to ensure curriculum and pedagogy reflects current academic standards and best practices.
Biweekly supervision and ongoing training in curriculum development, implementation and assessment, behavior management, and differentiated instruction is provided.
The Riverside School is a 12-month school.
Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8AM-4PM.
Occasional evenings required to attend parent advisory board meetings, open house events and other community building events.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic computer fluency, including Microsoft Office, required
Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle required for local travel Required Experience
Master’s Degree in Special Education, Education or related field required
- Concentration in Math and/or Science a plus
- Must have licensure in special education for children with moderate disabilities (5-12); additional subject-specific license a plus
- At least one year post-grad experience working with children or adolescents in an academic setting and experience working with special needs population preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 1861-709
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular