Children of America Lead Preschool Teacher,MA in Norwood, Massachusetts
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare provider among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
Preschool is the only school environment where play and creativity are more important than worksheets and homework. Preschool teachers use playtime and story-time to encourage social development and teach problem-solving skills. The supplies of a preschool teacher are quite different from those of other teachers. They use crayons and puzzles instead of markers and projectors. They host story time and monitor sandbox play but don't assign homework or act as detention monitors. You'll come home covered in glue and papier-mch, but without papers to grade. Regardless of how infantile your days may seem you will keep a smile on your face and an open mind! Children of America seeks enthusiastic Lead Preschool Teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Apply online today to learn more about how you can join the leader in educational childcare.
The COA Lead Teacher will incorporate lessons through song, and provide learning through play. As part of a team you will bring leadership, patience and plenty of hugs.
Our Lead Teachers Work Together to:
- Develop lesson plans.
- Provide patience with a listening ear
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Building teamwork.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
- Must meet MA state requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree from accredited college or university.
- EEC certification stating Lead teacher in infant/Toddler and/or Preschool/Pre-K
- Two-year's experience working with children birth thru second grade in a group setting.
- Strong customer service, organization, and listening skills. Above average on verbal and written skills.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
- Background check required.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- "Alpha Perks": discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 10-May-2017 to 09-Jul-2017 (EST)
Location: Norwood, MA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time