Children of America Preschool - Assistant Teacher - MA in Norwood, Massachusetts
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
Our preschool builds the solid academic foundation children need for future success. Using our proprietary curriculum, COA offers the perfect balance of learning and play, combining structured learning experiences with play activities designed for each developmental stage. If you value a career in an educational community of extraordinary professionals, join ours!
We are currently looking for a caring and energetic Preschool Assistant Teacher to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
- Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for children to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Assist the Lead Teacher to create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, and assess developmental needs of students.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Communicate positively with students, parents and staff.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma (equivalent GED) required.
- Currently enrolled or willing to complete Early Childhood Education units within one year of employment. Two-year degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher.
- Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position.
- 1 year Previous experience in a licensed preschool or early development center.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- Through "AlphaPerks" providing savings / discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 10-May-2017 to 09-Jul-2017 (EST)
Location: Norwood, MA, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time