Riverside Community Care Early Head Start Home Visitor in Somerville, Massachusetts
Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Home Visitor!
The Early Head Start Home Visitor works one-on-one with low-income families from diverse ethnic backgrounds to provide in-home and some on-site educational services to support families with infants or toddlers, or pregnant women.
The Early Head Start Home Visitor through weekly home visits and socialization groups (“baby and me” parent group) partners with pregnant women and families with children birth to three years of age to enhance their healthy growth and development.
We assist families in receiving comprehensive services in the areas of health, nutrition, early childhood and parenting education, social services, nutritional services and problem solving support so families can meet personal goals for them and their children.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
Candidates will need to have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license; have daily access to a reliable vehicle, and be able to pass a criminal background check. Preference given to persons who speak Spanish and/or Hindi/Nepali as the position demands.
We are looking for a great candidate that has the following competencies:
- Has a commitment to working with low-income and immigrant families and pregnant women
- Has knowledge of community resources or how to access community and social services
- Interested in establishing a caring and supportive relationship with the persons we service
- Is familiar with child development and/or social services delivery systems
- Can manage a caseload of 12 families, prioritize, plan work activities, set goals and objectives, and use time effectively
- Has the ability to work with different computerized data systems to track all services to the families
- Must have a minimum of High School Diploma and a CDA in Home Visiting or Infants and toddlers. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related Human Services field preferred.
- Experience with low income and diverse young children and their families preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 1865-709
Job Location: Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular