MassMutual Financial Group Retirement Education Specialist - Bilingual in Springfield, Massachusetts
Founded in 1851, MassMutual is committed to its purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Ranked No. 76 in the annual FORTUNE® 500 ranking (FORTUNE® Magazine, 6/15/16), MassMutual continues its long history of financial strength. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals. We continue to be recognized for our efforts to create a diverse and inclusive workplace! MassMutual is one of DiversityInc s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity and ranked a 2016 Top 10 Company for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives. In 2015, after more than 15 years of earning a place on the Working Mother Top 100 Best Companies list, MassMutual was inducted into the Working Mother Hall of Fame.
MassMutual also scored 100 percent on The Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to earn a spot on the CEI Best Places to Work List (2016). In addition, MassMutual has been recognized as a World s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute and 2016 Military Friendly Employer by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. MassMutual Financial Group is a marketing name for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) and its affiliated companies and sales representatives. CRN201806
Eligible for Sales Incentive (VICP). Provide onsite education services to employee/participant customers. Develop presentation materials and lead employee/participant meetings – including worksite meetings with rollover focus, investment education seminars, enrollment meetings, pre- retirement meetings, etc. Work closely with Plan Sponsors, Relationship Managers, Rollover Team and other internal and external partners to deliver high quality education services that support plan health and customer retention rates. Also Support Sales efforts by participating in sales finals and presenting plan health story to advisors and prospects. 6 & 63 registrations are required, FINRA Series 7 preferred.
• Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
• Works with guidance on more complex projects
• Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
• Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
• Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
JOB RESPONSIBILITES & REQUIREMENTS
MassMutual is an industry-leading innovator with a passion to helping individuals maximize their retirement success through a holistic approach of needs-based solutions. For this opportunity, candidates will work with our retirement plan clients in group and one-on-one settings; delivering various presentations, retirement planning tools, products and problem-solving skills to make the difference with our clients participants. It's the difference between just thinking about retirement success and making it attainable and realistic.
As a Retirement Education Specialist one of your primary responsibilities is to effectively and efficiently provide onsite education services to employee/participant customers. The Retirement Education Specialist also supports Sales efforts by creating and implementing high quality participant programs and services for both clients and prospects – based on identified needs. In this position you will work closely with Plan Sponsors, Sales Representatives, Relationship Managers, Account Managers and other internal and external partners to accomplish these goals. The Retirement Education Specialist develops presentation materials and leads employee/participant meetings – including investment education seminars, enrollment meetings, pre-retirement meetings, train the trainer sessions, etc.
• High School Diploma
• A clear understanding of retirement planning
• 3+ years related experience in the financial service industry
• Significant knowledge of the 457, 403b, 401k, and Defined Benefit businesses is required.
• FINRA 6 (7 preferred), 63 required or obtain within a designated amount of time
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
• Must be able to travel within territory 50-75% of the time.
• Must be able to travel outside of territory on an as needed basis.
• Depending on territory assigned, valid motor vehicle license
• Need dependable transportation
• Living in CT/Eastern NY area preferred or willing to relocate to this area within designated amount of time.
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English is a must.
• College Degree in Financial Services/Education/Accounting background preferred
• Proven sales experience and the ability to work independently and with a team.
• Strong work ethic and a drive to meet or exceed established goals is necessary.
• Excellent presentation, analytical, communication, problem-solving, organizational skills and computer skills (Outlook, MSOffice, CRM, etc.) are required.
• Knowledge of MassMutual s services and investment offerings is a plus.
Focus on the Customer : Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
Act with Integrity : Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People : Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources.
Achieve Results : Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition.
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.