Wolters Kluwer LMS Administrator & Instructional Design in Waltham, Massachusetts
LMS Administrator & Instructional Design
Requisition Number: 17-16758
Shift: Not Applicable
Job Description: Clinical Effectiveness brings together the company's Clinical Decision Support (UpToDate®, UpToDate Anywhere) and Clinical Drug Information (Lexicomp®, Medi-Span® and Facts & Comparisons®) solutions. We are an innovative, growing division of Wolters Kluwer Health with an excellent portfolio of products and talented people. Our staff of physician editors, technology experts, and sales and marketing professionals work together to produce an electronic clinical information resource for physicians and patients that provides current medical information in a format that is easy to access and use. A key to our success is our ability to answer real-world clinical questions in real time.
The LMS Administrator & Instructional Design position will be split into two clear functions. The first will be supporting the administration of our learning management system (LMS) and the second part of the role will be in the development of e-Learning content. This role would report into the Global Sales Training Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and produce interactive and engaging eLearning courses using instructional designed methods
• Manage Learning Management System across global sales team including but not limited to the day-to-day operational support of the LMS, team engagement, troubleshooting issues, development and assignment of curricula and reporting of tool
• Lead projects through analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
• Convert instructor-led training into instructionally- sound eLearning
• Collaborate with internal customers to identify and assess learning needs
• Research learning technology to continually elevate the quality and level of training delivered
• BA/BS degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required.
5+ years’ experience in instructional design and LMS administration including:
• Experience developing e-learning solutions that are based on industry recognized adult learning theory, e-learning design or gamification
• Expertise designing and developing in one or more eLearning authoring tools (e.g. Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline etc.)
• Experience with Virtual Learning Environments (e.g. WebEx, Adobe Connect)
• Experience and ability to incorporate a variety of channels into training including editing graphics, recording/editing audio and creating video files
• Experience collaborating with SMEs to design and develop e-leaning solutions
• Experience producing SCORM-based solutions to load into an LMS
• Creative and effective writing instructional texts and audio scripts
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Significant experience using learning management systems with SuccessFactors and Cornerstone on Demand preferred
• Accepts ownership and is accountable for learning design, development and implementation
• Must be a motivated individual with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite 2013 and/or Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience with SharePoint
• Ability to travel as required by business needs (Up to 20% at certain times).
About Wolters Kluwer:
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customers / business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.