Medtronic Training Coordinator III in Billerica, Massachusetts
Careers that Change Lives
The Training Coordinator III is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties under limited supervision to support the manufacturing training program at the Bedford site. The primary responsibilities involve developing, implementing, supporting, and monitoring TWI related training programs; assessment and certifications of learning; creation & monitoring of training matrices (trackers); and supporting onboarding in all forms and for all populations, including classroom instruction, 1:1 facilitation, small and large group trainings, development of content, & tracking of efficacy. The individual is expected to collaborate with all manufacturing support functions to ensure the training program components are meeting the needs of the business.
Location: This position will be based in our beautiful Billerica, Massachusetts facility.
Shift Time : Monday – Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· Support assemblers & operators in production areas in TWI Training Program; ensuring progress, problem-solving around obstacles; & coaching individuals as they develop their skills as trainers.
- Support program progress in various lines & departments, partnering with TWI Trainers on the manufacturing floor & supporting them as the program experts.
· Facilitate training to a group of new hires in onboarding; emphasizing critical manufacturing & quality concepts & positively representing Medtronic, in a new hire’s introduction to the company. Lead the group through the onboarding session, providing all new hires with a foundation for success.
· Obtain information needed to prepare in-house training programs; prepare training materials; develop training content; and coordinate the development of training aids. Update as needed.
· Collaborate with a range of stakeholders, process owners, and subject matter experts to define, maintain, and improve training programs ensuring the right training for the right audience.
· Use creative problem-solving to partner with learners, managers, and process owners to respond to and resolve issues.
· Trains, delegates, and reviews the work of lower-level employees and may be responsible for leading daily operations of a work team.
· Maintain communication with trainers, trainees & leadership to ensure effectiveness of training.
· Create, organize, plan, and present various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for both new and established employees.
· Work on complex and complicated activities related to special assignments and providing instructions to accomplish day-to-day activities to junior individuals in the department.
· Maintain records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
· Evaluate program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
· May support special projects & assignments.
· Ability to succeed in a variety of environments, as a typical workday entails some time on the production floor facilitating or overseeing training, some time working at your desk on various computer tasks, and some time attending team and dept meetings & collaborating with various teams & functions in their locations.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience
Nice to Have
Experience working in Agile.
Bachelor’s Degree or some college (not required)
Training Within Industry (TWI) experience
Strong verbal & written communication skills, including email.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software, specifically: Strong skills in Word & PowerPoint; basic Excel skills.
Strong presentation skills to a variety of audiences including new hires, a small, specialized team, or site leaders.
Organized- ability to maintain training records, rosters, progress notes & plans, & all certification records independently after being trained.
Able to manage your role in several projects & initiatives simultaneously.
Able to lead small group tours on Manufacturing floor (*You will be trained on the content).
Ability to use a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
Ability to design and implement effective training and development, with support.
Experience with training in a manufacturing setting, and/or demonstrated experience with providing on-the-job training & skill assessment.
Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technology, processes, and requirements.
Ability to work effectively across disciplines to implement creative solutions to complex problems.
Ability to navigate scenarios involving considerable judgement & independence.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
A commitment to our employees lives at the core of our values. We recognize their contributions. They share in the success they help to create. We offer a wide range of benefits, resources, and competitive compensation plans designed to support you at every career and life stage.
Learn more about our benefits here (https://www3.benefitsolver.com/benefits/BenefitSolverView?page_name=signon&co_num=30601&co_affid=medtronic) .
This position is eligible for a short-term incentive plan. Learn more about Annual Salary and Medtronic Incentive Plan (MIP) on Page 6 here .
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Medtronic Jobs