Arranta Bio Associate Director, mRNA Manufacturing in Boston, Massachusetts
Arranta Bio is a visionary contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that partners with companies seeking to develop and manufacture complex biological drugs and innovative therapies. Our dedicated team, state-of-the-art facilities, and unparalleled resources are crucial for advancing products from development to commercial launch. Our vision is to be the trusted and innovative CDMO partner for advanced therapy pioneers, so that we can bring life-changing therapeutics to patients. We partner with our clients to make treatments that can benefit vast patient populations, working across many indications. Arranta Bio’s mission is to change healthcare through our intrepid and daring team engaging with clients to develop, manufacture, and supply breakthrough therapies that transform lives. Arranta Bio continues to expand capacity and development and manufacturing services across multiple sites with technology platforms designed to meet the evolving demands of our clients and partners.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
Arranta Bio is establishing the first end-to-end manufacturing capability for mRNA at our new state-of-the-art facility in Watertown, MA. The Associate Director of Fill/Finish Manufacturing will lead the establishment of the full Fill/Finish value chain for Arranta Bio. This individual is responsible for building, maintaining, and continuously improving a highly effective Fill/Finish capability including filling, visual inspection, labelling, and packaging operations for mRNA as well as a variety of sterile parenteral products using state-of-the-art equipment. They will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper controls, KPI, people, and systems in place within the Fill/Finish and manufacturing function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Direct all day-to-day fill-finish manufacturing operating including but not limited to aseptic filling and product labeling and packaging to ensure delivery of departmental commitments to achieve company objectives
· Establish a Best in Class Fill/Finish value chain for Arranta Bio and its clients
· Develop a robust visual inspection training program/strategy
· Direct all planning, scheduling, and production functions to ensure adequate materials, equipment, and personnel are available to meet the production schedule
· Encourage and enforce a culture of compliance and continuous improvement regarding Safety and Quality
· Develops and implements Key Performance Indicators to track and lead successful, timely achievement of goals, objectives, and projects
· Maintains departmental operational and capital budget, responsible for driving financial results, drives optimization of fixed and variable cost
· Provide leadership and direction to ensure Inspections, Deviations, Change Control, CAPAs and Regulatory commitments are met on time with the highest standards of quality.
· Evaluate the functional strengths and developmental areas in the GMP manufacturing team and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Must stay current with relevant technologies and forward thinking to identify new approaches
· B.S. and/or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering or related field
· 8+ years supervising an aseptic filling operation
· Experience with automatic filling equipment
· The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
· Communicate using telephone and e-mail
COVID19 Vaccine required to come on site; Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should reach out to Human Resources for an accommodation.
Keyword: mRNA, Manufacturing, Biotech
Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
Educational assistance program
401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
Voluntary legal assistance plan
Employee Referral program
Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
From: Arranta Bio