Third Sector New England Director of Learning and Innovation in Boston, Massachusetts
The Basics Inc. was created to change the ways that whole communities support early childhood parenting and care-giving. We mobilize existing social and organizational networks to embed the Basics – five simple, evidence-based parenting practices – routinely in their normal operations and interactions with parents and caregivers of infants and toddlers. This will help ensure that children build solid developmental foundations and are ready to learn when they enter kindergarten. The Basics is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
The Basics Inc. is seeking a Director of Learning and Innovation (DLI) with experience in project management, evaluation, and the science of early childhood development. The Director will play a lead role in shaping the learning agenda and the development of new tools and resources for the Boston Basics Campaign and the multi-city Basics Learning Network.
The DLI will be a key part of the team charged with instituting widespread use of the Basics in all sectors in Boston, and supporting the work of Basics communities around the country. The DLI reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee development of data collection approaches, tools, and processes;
- Manage cross-functional teams of partners, consultants, and contractors;
- Produce written reports and contribute to the development of a variety of multi-media products and resources;
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Basics Learning Network to identify needs and priorities;
- Represent the organization at conferences and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences;
- Remain up-to-date with research and practice trends in the field at large.
- 8+ years of experience in early childhood or related fields;
- Master’s degree in education or related field is preferred;
- Up-to-date knowledge of research on early childhood development;
- Experience with mixed methods evaluation;
- Demonstrated leadership in managing complex projects;
- Experience developing multi-media educational resources;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Skilled multi-tasker who can prioritize, work autonomously, establish timelines and meet deadlines;
- Ability to travel, sometimes requiring as much as two-weeks on-site in distant locations;
- Availability to work at a physical location in the city of Boston;
- A team player willing and able to fill whatever role might be temporarily needed on a small, vibrant team in a growing organization.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work isperformed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and seein the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Additionally, this position requires the ability to periodically travel via airplane and otherwise, while living and working in remote locations as required by the needs of the work.
TSNE MissionWorks/The Basics, inc. envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks/The Basics, inc. actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
*As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/The Basics, inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law. *
Job ID: 2018-1256
# of Openings: 1
Type: Fiscal Sponsorship Projects
Location : Name: The Basics, inc.