Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Education Administrator - Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care in Boston, Massachusetts
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Education Administrator has administrative responsibility for POPC educational programs including:
• Management of the Harvard Medical School Center for Palliative Care (CPC), running 4 CME courses (2 days to 2 weeks in duration) each year
• Management of multiple departmental activities including various rounds, research and clinical seminars, hospital education initiative, and ad hoc sessions
• Partners with Departmental leadership to initiate, design, and execute numerous trainings and workshops for various groups across Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham & Women’s Hospital
• Assists Departmental leadership with strategic planning for growth and innovation
• Supervises education program manager and program coordinator; reports to Administrative Director or designee.
• Plans, implements, and coordinates continuing CPC medical education courses, including liaison with course instructors, marketing, registration, hotel arrangements, curriculum materials, and program evaluations.
• Identifies course venues, recommends multi-year commitments and acts as a liaison between DFCI administration and contractors in negotiation of agreements.
• Assist with completing and implementing strategic planning process for the CPC; partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure engagement and participation
• Oversees budgets and finances for CPC courses, reporting to leadership as needed.
• Manages marketing plans and presence for CPC including social media, email marketing campaigns, print and electronic ads, and conference booths.
• Administrative responsibility for departmental educational conferences, seminars, and rounds. Ensures publicity, works with program faculty and responsible for collecting and analyzing course evaluations.
• Administrative responsibility for POPC hospital (DFCI, BWH, and BCH) educational activities
• Works with leaders to formulate and implement educational strategies, course improvements, and new initiatives.
• Works with HMS CME administration as needed for compliance and operational needs.
• Communicates and acts as liaison with HMS administrators, DFCI faculty, fellows, staff, administration, and external faculty, learners and contractors.
• Oversight of POPC Research Fellowship curriculum and activities.
• Delegates duties as appropriate and assumes other duties as needed.
Two direct reports: Education Program Manager II and Education Program Coordinator
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in education or related field preferred. Administrative and supervisory experience as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Experience with program management, post graduate and/or web-based education preferred. Ability to work in a fast-paced.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Job ID: 2018-12343
External Company URL: www.dana-farber.org