Arup Graduate Structural Engineer- Available 2019 in Boston, Massachusetts
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Design of individual structural members on a project
• Structural analysis using structural software
• Attending meetings and learning from listening, asking questions and discussion.
• Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
• Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
• Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
• Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
• Professional demeanor
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Coursework in structural dynamics, advanced structural analysis
• Internship experience with a design firm
• FE/ EIT certification
• Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
•Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square
•Union Point Master Plan
•Partners Healthcare Resiliency Masterplan and Implementation Strategies
•Northeastern University Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
•Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
•Personal Health Insurance
•401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
•Paid Time Off (PTO)
•Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
•Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Title: Graduate Structural Engineer- Available 2019
Requisition ID: BOS00004C