Boston University PROGRAM MANAGER, DOCTORING YEAR 2, School of Medicine, Dean's Office in Boston, Massachusetts
Doctoring Year 2 is an innovative, integrative curriculum incorporating communication, physical exam, clinical reasoning and professional information for 2nd year medical students. The course utilizes lectures, small groups, online learning modules, clinical learning with 4th year medical students, and longitudinal clinical placements in the outpatient and inpatient settings.
The Program Manager will act as the administrative contact for Doctoring Year 2 and ensure continuity across this multifaceted course. The Program Manager will provide general oversight of the course operation, plan and schedule meetings, and work collaboratively with others who are involved in the curriculum. The Program Manager should demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently while consulting with the course leadership. The Program Manager must have an ability to problem solve student and faculty issues. This general oversight work will also include proposing and administering quality improvement initiatives in course administration and information delivery.
The Program Manager will:
- Provide administrative support to the Doctoring Year 2 curriculum in conjunction with the Doctoring and Clinical Reasoning course leadership.
- Efficiently coordinate logistical requirements to ensure smooth curricular process.
- Collaborate with faculty to prepare communications and course materials.
- Support the Doctoring Year 2 course leadership and course faculty in the implementation of educational methodologies such as team-based learning in lecture, and electronic teaching methods to prepare for lecture and small group.
- Coordinate the standardized patient assignments to small groups
- Manage the assignment process for 2nd year students to their inpatient clinical placements and 2nd year longitudinal placements
- Assist with faculty development for the academy of master educator faculty
- Oversee the administrative processes for the 2nd/4th year peer program for inpatient teaching
- Liaise with faculty and administrators of the Medical Education Office, the Population and Public Health curriculum, the PrISM curriculum, the CSSC and the Doctoring Year 1 Program to provide a broad-based approach to course support.
- Assist with the identification of program improvement initiatives.
- Research and suggest innovative methodologies to improve curriculum and delivery of course content in the classroom.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) 3-5 years of experience in an educational setting desirable Advanced communication and project management skills necessary Should demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently while consulting with the course leadership. The coordinator must have an ability to problem solve student and faculty issues. This general oversight work will also include proposing and administering quality improvement initiatives in course administration and information delivery.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Tracking Code: 8738
Salary Grade: Grade 74
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular