Boston University SENIOR ONLINE ENGAGEMENT MANAGER, Metropolitan College, Distance Education Administration in BOSTON, Massachusetts
The Senior Online Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring that all students are presented with a wide variety of opportunities to interact with their instructors, facilitators, and peers in all of their online classes. This position provides guidelines to instructional designers and faculty teaching online for maximizing student engagement, interaction, and motivation with the primary objectives of increasing student satisfaction and retention. The following are critical components of this position:
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending the adoption of tools and technologies for synchronous and asynchronous online interaction
- Engaging with and reaching out directly to students
- Soliciting and analyzing student feedback
- Supervising daily work of the Online Services Administrator
- Managing license for the synchronous web conferencing tool
- Analyzing data and tracking of interactive tool usage
Requires: B.A./B.S., strong attention to detail, excellent technical ability, writing and overall communication skills, professionalism and strong customer service and problem-solving skills, the ability to think quickly on your feet, and to escalate issues when required, multi-tasking, and the ability to empathize with the student yet also represent the interests of the university, effective negotiation skills, the ability to work independently and also be team oriented, personal initiative to continually improve students' online experience and program satisfaction, and one to three years of experience.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Tracking Code: 6555/H2218
Job Location: BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Salary: Grade 74