Google Technical Curriculum Developer, Infrastructure, Google Cloud in Boston, Massachusetts
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Boston, MA, USA
Google Cloud teams work with schools, companies, and government agencies to make them more productive, mobile and collaborative. You will oversee all aspects of the Google Cloud sales process, improving it with your insightful data analysis, troubleshooting, and seamless cross-functional teamwork. Your strategies ensure that companies new to Google products get the highest quality customer support and that the Google Cloud program overall is kept on the cutting edge.
As a Technical Curriculum Developer, you will design, develop and maintain technical learning content and curricula for various cloud roles including Cloud Solutions Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, System Operations professionals, DevOps Engineers, IT Managers and Developers. The candidate will enjoy keeping their existing technical skills honed and is self-motivated to maintain a technology leadership and visionary role in the organization. To thrive in this job, you must be strong in cloud computing technologies as well as in learning-and-development tools and principles (including instructional design). You must also have the ability to translate technical content into effective learning solutions.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Perform needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content to meet the learning needs of each audience across multiple global locations.
- Utilize Google Cloud technologies, gaining hands-on experience, in order to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional subject-matter experts and others to support initiatives.
- Design and develop creative learner-centered training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities, including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, hands-on labs, job aides, facilitator guides and resource materials.
- Ensure and drive best-practices standardization across all projects, content and sites. Be responsive to the fast-paced nature of innovation and revise content in a structured manner.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Architecture, or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience as an instructor or in technical training curriculum development.
- Experience with cloud computing technologies.
- MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Instructional Design, Technical Communications or a related discipline.
- CPLP or other learning/training certification.
- Experience with Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline or similar e-learning development tools.
- Experience creating or managing demonstration sites.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including effectively explaining technical topics to novice or non-technical audiences.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.