Children of America Preschool - Toddler Teacher, MA in Braintree, Massachusetts
Job Description: Preschool - Toddler Teacher
At Children of America, our commitment is to enhance the developmental growth and learning experience of every child. For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among parents and colleagues. Our childcare classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
Children of America is seeking kind, imaginative, and experienced Preschool Toddler Teachers. This warm and patient individual should have a passion for the Early Childhood Education field and use creative methods to teach our young ones. Our Toddler teachers are professionals that nurture young minds while maintaining a happy, healthy and safe environment. On a daily basis our Toddler teachers create and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans to children 15 months to 24 months and foster consistent open communication with parents about progress, schedules, and individual achievement.
The Toddler Teachers responsibilities include:
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent.
- Adapt your teaching style as needed for each child.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Speak to the features and benefits of our programs. Answer parent questions.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job, and be willing to learn new programs, applications, systems, or devices as things change.
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
- Must meet MA state requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree from accredited college or university.
- EEC certification stating Lead teacher in infant/Toddler and/or Preschool/Pre-K
- Two-year's experience working with children birth thru second grade in a group setting.
- Strong customer service, organization, and listening skills. Above average on verbal and written skills.
- Possess skills, attributes and characteristics conducive to and suitable for dealing with customers, vendors, team members, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
- Background check required.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Career Advancement Opportunities 65+ locations and growing; We proudly promote from within!
- Comprehensive Healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Childcare Discount Program
- 50% OFF Childcare Benefit
- Subsidized Tuition Program for Continuing Education/Career Advancement; up to *$500 Per Semester
- Annual Center Performance Raise
- Monthly & Yearly Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Campus Coach Program
- Alpha Perks Exclusive Discounts
- Exclusive Discounts at Avis Rent a Car
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 31-May-2018 to 30-Jul-2018 (EST)
Location: Braintree, MA, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time