Harvard University Academic Affairs Management II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46101BRAuto req ID:46101BRJob Code:FS0458 Academic Affairs Management II Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Residency Director, Ed.L.D.Sub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:Minimum 7 years of experience. Direct experience in at least one area of preK-12 education (e.g. school districts, education nonprofits, social purpose for-profits, and government agencies or policy/advocacy organizations). Previous experience managing staff required.
Candidates wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Candidates must indicate in their cover letter or resume meeting basic qualifications.Additional Qualifications:Advanced degree and significant experience in a related role preferred. Broad knowledge of the American education sector. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and adjust work flow accordingly. Strong strategic analysis, interpersonal, and communication skills. Experience or expertise in leadership development, experiential learning, mentoring and/or coaching at the graduate or professional level desirable, preferably within education. Experience or expertise in developing and evaluating learning outcomes helpful. Discretion with confidential information. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Additional Information:We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.eduDepartment:Academic affairsPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Faculty & Student Services Duties & Responsibilities:The Residency Director provides leadership for the residency component of the Doctor of Education Leadership (Ed.L.D.) Program. A highly selective three-year, practice-based doctoral degree enrolling 25 new students in each cohort, the Ed.L.D. is designed to prepare graduates for system-level leadership positions with a goal of transforming the American education sector. The program entails two years of on-campus coursework in learning and teaching, leadership and organizational change, and education policy, followed by a 10-month residency experience within a partner organization. The residency culminates with a Capstone project: a descriptive, analytic, and reflective documentation of the resident’s leadership of a significant improvement effort within the partner organization.
The Residency Director’s primary focus will be designing, managing, and evaluating the third-year residency as a learning and leadership development experience. Using multiple knowledge bases (leadership development theory, experiential learning, and/or practice-based experience in the field), the Director will create and support a residency experience that integrates real-world experience and prior coursework to develop students’ leadership capacity.
The Residency Director’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Advise students in developing individualized learning goals and leadership development strategies for their residencies;
• Build and maintain relationships with senior-level executives (Superintendents, CEOs, Executive Directors, Presidents) at current and prospective Ed.L.D. partner organizations/residency sites;
• Guide students in interviewing and matching with appropriate residency sites based on their learning goals;
• Create training and orientation opportunities for students and partner representatives;
• Develop models for systematic feedback and assessment of all aspects of the residency experience;
• Generate content-rich programming for students to enhance knowledge and create connections between their coursework and the residency;
• Serve as primary decision-maker on all residency-related challenges, problems, programming and events;
• Develop and maintain official Ed.L.D. residency and Capstone policies, guidelines, and related documents;
• Supervise and develop one direct report who manages the execution of matching and logistics for training and orientation sessions.
• Serve on school-wide committees as needed.
• Other responsibilities as needed.
The Residency Director will be supported by a full-time Residency Administrator who provides direct administrative support for the execution of the residency. Both the Residency Director and the Residency Administrator will function as part of a team of faculty and staff who support the Ed.L.D. program under the general direction of the Ed.L.D. Faculty Director and the Associate Dean.School/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.