Harvard University Admin Offcr/SrIndiv Contrib in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46157BRAuto req ID:46157BRJob Code:360058 Admin Offcr/SrIndiv Contrib Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Associate Director, Yield, MBA AdmissionsSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
BS/BA and 8+ years of related experience required.
MBA degree preferred
Experience with independent project execution
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards
Ability to travel and integrate work-style effectively with cross-functional teams across the organization
Strong and thoughtful people management skills, with demonstrated success managing and inspiring teams to achieve goals
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Department:MBA AdmissionsPre-Employment Screening:Employment, IdentityJob Function:General Administration Duties & Responsibilities:
Organization: The mission of Harvard Business School is to educate leaders who make a difference in the world.
Description: MBA Admissions seeks an Associate Director to oversee yield and campus events to support the HBS mission of educating leaders who make a difference in the world. The yield team works to convert offers to admitted students into accepted offers. We seek someone with good judgment, strong communication and interpersonal skills to play a key role on an engaging, high-performing team.
Oversee all on-campus events including Admitted Student Welcome events
• Manage 2 team members (along with help from others on the Admissions & Financial Aid team) to plan campus events, including: Interview Days, Admitted Student Welcomes, Open Houses
• Oversee visit program (campus tours, campus information sessions and class visits)
Oversee yield (converting offers to admitted students to accepted offers)
• Oversee all of Yield strategy and planning, including key messaging
• Manage yield budget
• Oversee process of ensuring all admitted students have their questions answered and personally act as the point person with a subset of admitted students
• Oversee all other yield activities and events
• Manage overall alumni relationships for Admissions
• Oversee the work of several independent contractors
• Evaluate results of yield efforts and prioritize
• Manage corporate outreach, working closely with Managing Director of Admissions
• Manage outreach messaging for a key segment (to be determined with Director of Marketing based on mutual interest/need)
• Summarize key MBA interest/ application trends
• Manage strategic initiatives related to students or alumni
• Oversee potential 3rd party partners
MBA Application Evaluation
• Eventually develop into a full Admissions Board Member; training and onboarding to take place over a few Evaluation cycles
• Assess student qualifications through online/written application
• Serve as member of the MBA Interview Board –responsible for observing and conducting interviews with applicants
• Primary evaluation role for 2 key strategic and growing pipeline programs (SVMP, Peek)
• Help support team-wide events and activities such as Outreach events, conference attendance, internal team-building, etc.
• Collaborate closely with colleagues overseeing outreach and digital marketing
• Contribute to collaborative culture with willingness to both teach and learn from colleagues
• Attend weekly Marketing team meetings
• Reports to Director, Marketing, MBA Admissions
• Perform other duties as assigned
School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.