City of Cambridge Community School Instructors in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The**Cambridge Community Schools are seeking dynamic leaders who are organized, talented in curriculum delivery, and have strong effective communication skills. Reports to the Community School Director.
- Develop and implement a quality, age appropriate curriculum for afterschool enrichment classes.
- Instruct and engage students in a specific curriculum topic.
- Directly supervise the safety of children.
- Maintain an environment that fosters a positive self-image and respects the social and cultural differences of each child and values each child's strengths, needs, differences, and similarities.
- Engage families in open and friendly communication regarding their children's participation in all aspects of the program.
- Adhere to Best Practices as outlined by the Community Schools Division.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings, Quality Improvement meetings, and professional development.
- Responsible for classroom maintenance, equipment, and supplies.
- Report any incidents and accidents to Community School Director.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At least one year experience working with elementary school age children. Experience working with special needs desirable and should have a strong interest in working with children from diverse cultural & economic backgrounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in work environment is moderate to very loud. The work environment includes classroom, outdoor playgrounds, and occasional field trips.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and occasionally required to run during physical activities or responding to an emergency. Employees are often required to engage with children on the floor and at their eye level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Community School Instructors
Job Code: X231
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 19.5 hrs/week; must be available for flexible hours. May include some weekends, evenings, early release days and school vacation weeks.
POSTING DATE: May 14, 2019
RATE: $16.15-$18.00 per hour (rate depends upon experience)