Harvard University Digital Content Producer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46255BRAuto req ID:46255BRJob Code:315057 Writer Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Digital Content Producer, Service CommunicationsSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:01-Aug-2019Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:• At least 3 years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in digital content production/writing for the web, web content management, communications, or related field.
• Bachelors’ degree in journalism, information systems, marketing, English, or related field preferred and may be substituted for three years of the required experience.Additional Qualifications:• Must have strong communication skills, be highly organized, be committed to a team environment and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Experience working in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
• Prior experience with a web content management system
• Prior experience developing training materials and conducting training sessions or teaching classes on writing for the web, content strategy, or other related topics.
• Knowledge of web technologies, standard concepts, best practices and procedures, including content management systems
• Ability to prioritize multiple projectsAdditional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To assure Harvard’s leadership in IT: We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology.
• OpenDepartment:HUIT AdministrationPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Communications Duties & Responsibilities:This is a fully benefited, full-time Harvard University position that has been funded until August 1, 2019 (or one year after joining date). There is the possibility of renewal, contingent on funding, university priorities and satisfactory job performance.
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
We are looking for a writer with strong interpersonal skills who can collaborate with teams to improve users’ experience with HUIT service content online. Focusing on assessing, editing, migrating, and optimizing content on the IT Help portal knowledge base and other digital platforms, the Digital Content Producer, reporting jointly to the MD for Strategy and Planning and MD for Administration and Finance, works collaboratively with the Harvard University IT (HUIT) service owners to support the findability and discoverability of service content.
Emphasis will be on ensuring the overall consistency of the user experience, improving the clarity of content, and developing tools to support the continued maintenance of service content.
The position calls for a candidate who can write clearly under deadline, edit to sharpen ideas, and is confident conceptualizing, drafting, and editing user-focused content. The candidate will be working closely with subject matter experts across HUIT to adapt their content for the web, editing for clarity, brevity, and audience.
• Service Communication and Content
o Work with service owners to inventory and rationalize existing service information (on HUIT website, wikis, the IT Help portal knowledge base, etc) in alignment with HUIT digital content strategy project
o Generate and prioritize additional service content to be developed (e.g., Service Level Agreements, Hours of operation, services by audience, etc) and where it go (e.g., IT Help site, HUIT website, OneDrive, etc.)
o Work with service owners to develop and standardize new content for usability, accessibility, and mobility
• Develop simple process for reviewing and updating that content, clarifying timing and roles and responsibilities and leveraging the service checklist
• Support a strong relationship between service content on the web and other HUIT Communication vehicles (email, promotional materials, etc.)
• IT Help Portal Content
o Go through IT Help knowledge base articles and work with service owners to prioritize clean up content
o Develop style and content guidelines to streamline the production of and standardize the service content in the IT Help portal
• Work with IT Service Management (owner of the IT Help portal platform) to refine templates to optimize user experience and meet the business needs of service owners and create more writing resources to facilitate the onboarding of new content ownerSchool/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.