City of Cambridge Enrollment Assistant, Division of Childcare and Family Support Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Enrollment Coordinator, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support and guidance for current and future families of the Division of Childcare and Family Support Preschools and Afterschools.
- Utilize an assets-based approach to working with families
- Support the Enrollment Coordinator in the planning and organization of the enrollment of children for both preschools and afterschool programs with the goal of ensuring continuous full program enrollment.
- Create and support opportunities for collaborations/partnerships with other Department of Human Service Programs' youth serving divisions in order to better serve Cambridge children and families.
- Collect program applications/forms and enter the information into the EZcare data base.
- Respond to phone and walk-in inquiries regarding preschool and afterschool program enrollment.
- At regular intervals throughout the year and upon request, generate waitlists reports for Division Head, Program Managers, Teacher/Directors, Head Teachers, and the Inclusion Initiative.
- Schedule families to come in and fill out required enrollment paperwork, support families through the completion of the paperwork, ensure that the paperwork is complete and meets EEC regulations, collect all required documents, and ensure that all sites get children's files before the child starts in that program.
- Create, update, and maintain children's files in accordance with EEC and DHSP licensing regulations.
- With Enrollment Coordinator, Division Head, and others, plan and organize the re-enrollment process for families currently attending programs. Organize appropriate forms and collect all required documents and payments.
- With the Enrollment Coordinator, Division Head, and others, plan and organize a Preschool Lottery that ensures an equitable enrollment process for all Cambridge families interested in enrolling in the Preschools. Maintain a list of families that are not selected in the lottery for seats that open during the year.
- In conjunction with Cambridge Public Schools, develop a list of children's buses between school and afterschool programs for afterschool programs and families to ensure the safety of the children in our care.
- Refer families to resources to help lessen the burden of the cost of early education and care programs, such as our City Funded Scholarships, the Birth - 3rd Preschool Scholarship Program, EEC Subsidized Preschool Slots, and EEC Vouchers.
- As needed, provide referrals for resources in other city programs and outside agencies.
- When needed, accurately enter payments received into the billing system.
- Complete the training requirements yearly as per EEC regulations, and DHSP requirements.
- As needed, connect families with resources in other city programs and outside agencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have strong computer and database program knowledge.
- At least 6 months experience working with the public and have a working knowledge of childcare programs.
- Be detail oriented and organized.
Frequently required to sit, talk, walk and hear and occasionally required to run during play or responding to an emergency. Frequent use of hands and arms to handle and manipulate objects is required. Employee must be able to lift 20lbs and be able to multitask in a high paced environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Standard office environment. Fluorescent lighting, carpeted floors and air conditioning. Moderate noise level.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Position is considered open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Enrollment Assistant, Division of Childcare and Family Support Services
Job Code: M219-701
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 30.0 hours per week
POSTING DATE: June 6, 2018
RATE: $20.39 – 24.17 per hour + excellent benefits (effective 7/1/18 2.5% COLA)