Harvard University Financial Admin Ops Mgt VI in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46623BRAuto req ID:46623BRJob Code:F0860M Financial Admin Ops Mgt VI Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Director of FinanceSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:060Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Additional Qualifications:• MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills
• Knowledge of advanced financial administration principles
• Extensive experience in complex financial planning, modeling and analysis Experience managing a staff of direct reports
• Strong organizational, analytical, financial and service management skills necessary.
• Proven success managing financial service delivery across a complex organization.
• Experience in analysis and redesign of business processes highly desirable.
• Requires proven planning and project management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to successfully assess current systems and align services strategies with overall mission of the organization.
• Professionalism, experience with and commitment to providing excellent service.
• Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing environment, high standards for accuracy and attention to detail, and sensitivity to confidential information.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in and ability to evaluate processes and implement improvements and developing and motivating team members.
Additional Information:• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To assure Harvard’s leadership in IT: We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology.
Department:HUIT AdministrationPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Finance School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:Provide strategic direction, leadership, and oversight of financial operations for multiple finance and/or operational functions.Typical Core Duties:
Responsible for effective staff management for a group or team of employees, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
Direct multiple financial operations and provide strategic financial leadership
Determine strategic direction of department by establishing goals and implementing new initiatives; develop and implement financial policies and procedures
Guide the development of highly complex annual budget(s), including specialized financial analysis and modeling
Serve as a key resource for staff on strategic financial operational planning
Select and manage ongoing relationships with, external consultants and advisors
Collaborate with University-wide finance leadership to develop financial processes, policies and procedures
Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience
- Work is performed in an office setting
Job-Specific Responsibilities:Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Managing Director of Administration & Finance, The Director of Finance provides strategic direction, leadership, and oversight of financial operations for Harvard University Information Technology.
In this role, you will work with HUIT Managing Directors to align investments with strategic priorities through robust engagement and planning and will develop and implement financial policies and procedures.
Additionally, you will foster required management competencies which include:
o Embracing the HUIT mission and values (https://huit.harvard.edu/pages/huit-values )
o Allocating resource effectively
o Managing change
o Building a high performing team