Harvard University Financial Administrator III in Cambridge, Massachusetts
45889BRAuto req ID:45889BRJob Code:F0857P Financial Administrator III Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Financial AnalystSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Additional Qualifications:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced excel skills
Knowledge of advanced financial administration principles
Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools
Additional Information:Please include a cover letter with your application.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department’s mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University’s fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package
Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year.
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Department:Alumni Affairs & DevelopmentPre-Employment Screening:Credit, Criminal, Education, IdentityJob Function:Finance School/Unit:Alumni Affairs and Development EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:Independently perform complex financial administration including budget development, financial analysis, and consultation. Provide recommendations for the use of financial resources.Typical Core Duties:
Perform financial operations that may include payroll, accounting, accounts payable/receivable, procurement, research administration etc.
Develop, forecast, and administer complex budgets
Verify budgets, identify, analyze and resolve discrepancies
Perform financial analysis and modeling to forecast revenue, expenses, and income
Develop and design financial reports for management
Provide technical advice and problem resolution for a school/unit financial community on financial administration
May provide training to clients and staff
Provide management with recommendations in the development of financial policies
Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Work is performed in an office setting
Reporting to the Accounting Manager for Alumni Affairs and Development, the financial analyst serves as a resource and liaison to key internal and external constituents in support of College Alumni Programs, providing expertise and training in matters related to budget development, reporting and analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop an in-depth understanding of our internal class reunion financial structure in order to frame key questions for leadership and provide objective analytic support
• Support the AAD Finance team with the ongoing development and maintenance of our Budget Toolkit linked to annual class reunion activity
• Create new infrastructure to support financial activity linked to other alumni related activity
• Create and deliver training materials that educate key constituents on financial considerations for developing a comprehensive reunion budget
• Develops reports and conducts analyses that inform and facilitate executive-level decision making on issues of financial importance
• Reconcile class reunion budget income and expenses, create executive summary level report outs and deliver results to AAD leadership and alumni reunion co-chairs
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets in order to provide perspective on budget variances linked to class reunion activity
• Create and maintain an existing complex chart of accounts costing structure linked to class reunion activity and identify areas for improvement
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in the conformity with the level of the position.