Harvard University Financial Aid Management II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46353BRAuto req ID:46353BRJob Code:FS0158 Financial Aid Management II Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Associate Director of Financial AidSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:Bachelor's degree required with 7 or more years of related experience preferably as a financial aid professional to include counseling, needs analysis and data management experience managing budgets. Additional Qualifications:Master's Degree preferred, Higher education experience preferred. Supervisory experience strongly preferred. Powerfaids and Peoplesoft experience, excellent organizational skills, stay current with emerging technologies, trends, policies and regulations in the field. Requires a strong technological learning to include technical project management on the business side and strong comfort working with relational databases. Strong counseling skills both one-on-one and in group settings; superb written, oral and presentation skills. Broad technological proficiencies including function-specific tools.Additional Information:Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position. Department:Financial Aid OfficePre-Employment Screening:Credit, Criminal, Education, IdentityJob Function:Faculty & Student Services Duties & Responsibilities:The Financial Aid Office aims to offer the highest level of customer service while providing a positive, supportive work environment with an emphasis on teamwork. The Associate Director manages the operations for the Financial Aid Programs, oversees quality control of the needs analysis process; safeguards seamless distribution of federal and institutional grant and loan aid; ensures School’s compliance with Student Revenue Controls and regulations; develops program-wide standards and procedures for the processing of aid application materials, oversees routine annual updates of department website; determines technology needs and manages technology resources and integrations for all aid programs.
• Plan and oversee all operational processes related to the delivery of financial aid to MD and masters students, which includes designing, implementing and managing the financial aid application process, the awarding process and the actual disbursement of funds to student billing accounts. Propose, develop and implement changes in existing practices with the goal of enhancing the overall operations.
• Supervise two full-time exempt staff and one full-time non-exempt staff whose primary responsibilities are to support the two key functions listed above.
• Provide/lead management of all technical needs, website management and training for the office and its staff. Develop relationships with internal IT professionals and external vendors to ensure the continuation of essential services and compliance with University, state, and federal security policies. Advise Director on future IT strategy and needs.
• Ensure that financial aid resources are awarded equitably in a way that both follows the principles set forth in our program guidelines but also recognizes the unique needs of individuals experiencing extraordinary circumstances. Work closely with the Director to ensure program compliance with federal and institutional regulations governing student aid eligibility and disbursement, staying current with software updates, financial aid trends. Attend relevant conferences and bring new information back to the office to share with staff members and students.
• Develop and maintain materials and procedures for communicating critical aid process, award, and debt information to students.
• Serve on Financial Aid Committee.
• Serve on HMS, University and external committees that advance the needs of HMS FAO, students and graduate aid in general. Represent HMS at university-wide Financial Aid Administrators monthly meetings. Collaborate with colleagues around the University to ensure efficient operations.
• Represent the School with respect to financial aid matters when the Director is unavailable.
• Act as a key advisor to the Director and Financial Aid Committee on MD need analysis policy.
• Within all areas of responsibility, assist the Director in ensuring that the Financial Aid Office operates as part of a dynamic and interdependent system of student service professionals to consistently evaluate and improve the quality of service HMS provides to its student communitySchool/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.