Harvard University Graphic Design Director in Cambridge, Massachusetts
45570BRAuto req ID:45570BRJob Code:AR0058 Graphic Design Director Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Senior Graphic Artist, HBXSalary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:• 10+ years of professional experience and demonstrated success in animation and graphic design.
Candidates with less than 10 years of professional experience will be considered at a grade 57.Additional Qualifications:
• Mastery of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere
• Excellent project oversight, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required.
• Previous experience and demonstrated innovation in education, instructional design, or online product development.
• Proven ability to develop trusting working relationships with colleagues and business partners.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in project tracking and departmental production process development is expected..
• Candidates should be prepared to provide a demo reel of previous work with explanation of role and development process.
Additional expectations and competencies shared by the team:
• Extremely high quality standards
• Proven ability to work with shifting priorities and under tight deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Enjoy working both independently and as a team member
• Eager to thrive in a start-up environment where the work will change steadily
• Enjoy working as part of a lean team and pitching in to accomplish an evolving agenda
• Bring a “no job is too big or small” philosophy to work
Additional Information:Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Arts Duties & Responsibilities:HBX is Harvard Business School’s vision of business education reimagined for the digital age. We support the HBS mission by creating online learning experiences that bring business education to life. While product development is ongoing, we have two unique initial offerings: HBX CORe, our primer on the fundamentals of business and HBX Courses, a series of programs intended to showcase faculty ideas. Products are delivered through unique platforms, including 1) our online platform that offers self-paced learning experiences grounded in interactive, real world problem solving, and 2) HBX Live, a one-of-a-kind virtual classroom that allows participants worldwide to interact in real-time with one another and a faculty member much as they would in a traditional HBS case classroom.
The HBX team, dedicated to delivering high quality business education through these innovative online concepts, is in a period of rapid growth and expansion. Benefits include being part of the HBS culture of learning and exposure to the larger University setting, while enjoying the fast-paced and high-energy start-up environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Graphic Artist (SGA) is a key member of the Creative Team and reports to the Creative Director. The SGA works in two different channels: course production and marketing, creating animations, graphics, and style guides.
Course Production: The SGA works closely with the Creative Director, Senior Multimedia Producers, and Project Managers to develop animations and graphics for the course platform. The SGA will look for ways to visualize learning based on faculty pedagogy.
Marketing: The SGA works with the Creative Director and the Marketing team to develop and design promotional assets following existing HBX branding guidelines.
Animation is a large component of this role. The SGA will also serve as a primary resource and quality control for contract animators and designers.School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.