City of Cambridge Math Teacher(s) for ESOL Classes (part-time), Community Learning Center (CLC) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach math to second language speakers. There are two 90-minute classes, each for a different level of math
- Develop instructional materials and lessons, based on CLC Scope and Sequence, the MA ESOL*Curriculum Frameworks, and College and Career Readiness Standards for Adults*
- Provide on-going assessment of students**
- Keep records of student attendance**
- Communicate with advisors about student issues**
- Participate in paid staff and program development activities**
- Knowledge of methods and materials used to teach basic math to adult learners
- Sensitivity to the needs of the adult learner population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience teaching math; experience teaching adult students strongly preferred
- Experience with the needs of adult learners in a community-based setting
Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* *WORK ENVIRONMENT:
General office and classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copiesof bothyour resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit bothyour resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312. Applicants may also apply directly through schoolspring.com and apply for Job ID #2980440 or go to https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2980440 Review of resumes will begin immediately. Positions will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Math Teacher(s) for ESOL Classes (part-time), Community Learning Center (CLC)
Job Code: K035
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 6 hours per week, time includes 3 hours teaching and 3 hours preparation. Tuesday evenings, 6:15 pm-9:15 pm.
POSTING DATE: July 24, 2018
RATE: $27.65 per hour