Harvard University Part-Time Lecturer in Psychology in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Title Part-Time Lecturer in Psychology
School Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Department of Psychology at Harvard University invites applications for a part-time lecturer to teach an Introduction to Statistics course for undergraduates in Spring 2022. In addition to offering courses, lecturers may be asked to direct and evaluate senior theses and to advise students on research and career interests.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue on a rolling basis. Complete applications, including all letters of reference, will be given full consideration. The anticipated start date for this position is January 1, 2022.
Lecturer positions are for one semester or one year, with the possibility of renewal for up to a total of six semesters. Appointments are dependent upon faculty vacancies. Appointments may be made at varying percentages of time (one course equals 25% time for the year). No full-time positions are anticipated for the next academic year. Lecturers appointed to half-time positions may be eligible for Harvard benefits.
Candidates are required to have a PhD or an equivalent terminal degree in Psychology or very closely related field (e.g. Cognitive Science, Statistics, EdD in Human Development) by the expected start date.
Candidates must have a strong teaching and research background.
1) A cover letter that briefly describes your teaching background, experience teaching statistics at the undergraduate level, and comments on any efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
3) Full statement of teaching interests, including teaching philosophy, goals, methods, and prior experience
4) Evidence of your teaching experience and success, including quantitative and qualitative teaching evaluations
5) Course syllabi
6) At least three letters of recommendation
7) Applicable only for those candidates who have not yet received the PhD: A letter from your advisor confirming that the PhD will be conferred by the expected start date
Optional materials include:
Statement of research interests
Katherine Powers, PhD
Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Psychology
220 William James Hall
33 Kirkland Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Contact Email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 3
Maximum Number of References Allowed 5