Novartis Pharmaceuticals Postdoctoral Fellowship – Neuromuscular Diseases in Cambridge, Massachusetts
There is only 1 viral gene therapy treatment approved by the FDA and EMA for any neuromuscular disease. Novartis’ AAV gene therapy approved for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy offers patients a transformative option in their fight with this devastating disease. We in the Musculoskeletal disease area at NIBR are devoted to development of the next generation of life saving medicines for the world’s most severe medical disorders.
Our lab is focused on developing therapies for some of the world’s most devastating muscular dystrophies and neuromuscular diseases. Areas of research could include ALS, FSHD, Charcot-Marie-Tooth and myotonic dystrophy. We employ state of the art technologies in order to dissect the pathways and underlying causes of disease pathology towards creating medicines that help patients. Modeling of these diseases is critical to our success and through patient derived cellular systems and in vivo models, we craft molecular and pathological readouts that enable the drug discovery efforts. Novartis is able to harness a vast array of therapeutic opportunities including small molecules, biologics as well as gene therapies. We are looking for a Discovery Postdoctoral Fellow to join the fight.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Establishing independent research projects.
• Developing in vitro, cellular and in vivo models.
• Creation of gene therapy tools for disease modeling and treatment.
• Designing and implementing innovative, insightful experiments to answer key biological questions.
• Collaboration with multi-disciplined experts toward the generation and analysis of data.
• Presentation your research internally and at conferences externally.
• Publication of high-impact research articles.
Postdoctoral Fellowship – Neuromuscular Diseases
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A curious and inspired approach to discovering new aspects of biology and disease pathology.
• Extensive laboratory experience with expertise in molecular and cellular biology techniques and competence with animal experimentation.
• Highest work ethic and scientific integrity.
• Highly motivated candidates with a recent PhD in the fields of neuromuscular disorders, muscular dystrophies, biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or molecular biology.
• An established record of publications, accomplishments and experience in neuromuscular or neurodegenerative disease research.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Research & Development
MUSCULOSKELETAL - NIBR
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.