Abt Associates Research Assistant - Division of Health and Environment in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. The underpinning of our work is a research-to-practice framework, through which we engage in activities from research to program implementation. DHE provides a dynamic and collaborative work environment to our employees that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Research Assistant to support the Criminal Justice practice of the Division of Health and Environment in our Cambridge, MA office .
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists experienced professionals in a variety of research and analysis tasks by compiling and checking data using standard practices and techniques
- Learns to apply specialized quantitative analysis techniques and methods
- Works on assignments that are simple to moderately complex under close supervision, implementing standard policies and procedures
- Applies general knowledge of criminal justice principles and concepts. Learns and applies standard quantitative methods and techniques. Learns methods, procedures and systems to manage research data and carry out tasks related to discrete segments of the overall project. Receives training from more experienced staff. Reviews work product to ensure quality and consistency with standards, procedures and protocols
- May participate in discrete portions of the contract proposal process under close supervision
- Under close supervision, may implement clearly defined procedures for data collection, manipulation and preliminary analysis
- Applies knowledge of basic statistical programming applications such as SAS, SPSS or other specialized applications. May validate data or perform simple statistical modeling and forecasting
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in the proposed field(s) of specialization. May attend formal training to enhance technical system application skills or quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- This is an entry-level position requiring quantitative competencies and skills
- Strong academic record required
- SAS, SPSS or Stata experience preferred
- 0 – 1 years of experience with bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
No agency or staffing firms will be utilized for this search.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.
- Abt Associates Jobs