Harvard University Research Assistant III Non-Lab in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46611BRAuto req ID:46611BRJob Code:403117 Research Assistant III Non-Lab Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Research Recruiting CoordinatorSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:31-Mar-2021Salary Grade:054Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:Bachelor's degree required, preferably in public health, health science, or biomedical field. Three or more years related work experience. Knowledge of human subjects study recruitment, enrollment, and retention.Additional Qualifications:• Working knowledge of clinical research protocols and IRB procedures.
• Familiarity with research databases and relationship management tools.
• Experience communicating with a variety of populations, and populations who have competing demands for their attention preferred.
• Superb written, oral, interpersonal communication skills.
• Meticulous, organized, efficient and professionalized standards for execution of all administrative procedures and detail-oriented tasks.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly.
• Excellent time and task management skills (task prioritization by the deadline, task delivery under pressured deadlines and parallel priorities).
• Practical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team for fast-paced research projects.Additional Information:This is a term position with an end date of March 31, 2021.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.Department:Harvard CatalystPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, Education, IdentitySchedule:Monday - Friday, 35 hr. per weekJob Function:Research Duties & Responsibilities:A large research study (“The Football Players Health Study at Harvard University”) was initiated in 2014 to evaluate and improve the health and wellbeing of former professional football players. The Study is funded by the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) and is one of the largest sports research projects ever undertaken.
The Study is researching medical conditions that affect the quality and longevity of life of former football players and working to identify and prioritize promising new approaches to prevent, diagnose and treat those conditions. The Study strives to meet its aims by collecting data directly from former players and by supporting innovative research. The research program sits within Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
The Recruitment Coordinator will support all outreach and engagement efforts for the Football Players Health Study. They will work closely with the leadership team, project managers, and other staff to optimize recruitment strategies for current and upcoming initiatives.
Learn more about the Football Players Health Study on the website: http://footballplayershealth.harvard.edu.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works closely with Research Operations, Player and Advisor Leadership to develop effective recruitment and enrollment processes based on specific study requirements.
• Coordinates and implements cross-study recruitment efforts alongside Research Operations, Player and Advisor Leadership.
• Develops strategic timelines and recruitment plans to optimize enrollment across FPHS initiatives.
• Utilizes tracking and monitoring of research participant communications to support specific project needs.
• Works with the Data Team to develop a routine and exploratory reporting of recruitment metrics for all studies (e.g. response rates, recruitment strategy effectiveness, etc.)
• Responsible for oversight and tracking of recruitment activity, participation status, study enrollment, and incoming contact information.
• Assists Leadership Team with liaising with internal and external contacts for study-related purposes.
• Attends regular team meetings to stay informed of current and upcoming program activities and needs.
• Assists with development and review of SOPs for general communications with participants e.g. cross-study triaging.School/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.