City of Cambridge Special Needs/Inclusion Facilitator (Summer Position) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Special Needs/Inclusion Facilitator will provide direct support in adapting and modifying programs to meet the needs of a specific child or children enrolled in Department of Human Service Programs (DHSP) Summer Programs. The Special Needs/Inclusion Facilitator will be supervised directly by the head supervisor in each program with support and guidance provided by the Inclusion Specialist for the Department of Human Services.
- Help children transition into and out of DHSP summer programs**
- In conjunction with other team members maintain a positive, inclusive environment for both children and adults at all times. **
- Share in program responsibilities as assigned by site supervisor (activity planning, set up and break down and classroom maintenance/classroom cleaning) **
- Provide proximity support to identified children at all times **
- In conjunction with the Inclusion Specialist and other team members, develop and implement accommodations to meet the needs of identified children.**
- Perform related duties involving identified children as may be designated by the Head Supervisor of the program**
- Maintain constant communication with supervisor within program as well as with Inclusion Specialist **
- Participate in all classroom and on site staff meetings**
- Practical experience working with children with special and diverse needs **
- Demonstrate verbally, basic clinical/diagnostic understanding of children's needs**
- Have a basic understanding and/or willingness to be trained in Positive Behavior Support techniques **
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills**
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, walk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to run, during play or responding to an emergency. Employees are frequently required to engage with children on the floor and at their eye level. Employees are frequently required to use their hands and arms to handle and manipulate objects as well as reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move a child. Vision abilities are required for supervision of children.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in work environment is moderate to very loud. The work environment includes classroom and outdoor playgrounds and occasional field trips.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Position will remain open until filled. Review of resumes begins immediately.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Special Needs/Inclusion Facilitator (Summer Position)
Job Code: X800
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 8 week summer position, 40.00 hours per week, Monday-Friday within 8:00 am - 6:00pm
POSTING DATE: May 3, 2018
RATE: $15.64 - $15.75/hr