Harvard University Student Services Management I in Cambridge, Massachusetts
45747BRAuto req ID:45747BRJob Code:FS0557 Student Services Management I Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Assistant Director, Academic Operations: Harvard Business Analytics ProgramAppointment End Date:27-Aug-2020Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 6 years related experience
• Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working with faculty in a college/university setting
• Blended, online, and/ or massive open online course (MOOC) learning knowledge and experience
• Event or large group activity coordination experience
• Ability to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Previous experience developing in-person executive education programming
• Proven record of managing tasks to meet the limits of time, scope, and budget
• Proven creative problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a complex environment
• Advanced desktop application skills (e.g., Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint), productivity tools (e.g., BaseCamp, Google Drive, DropBox)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and project management skills
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment ending two years from the date of hire, with the possibility of renewal.
Additional Information:Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Faculty & Student Services, General AdministrationDuties & Responsibilities:The Harvard Business Analytics Program is a new partnership between Harvard Business School (HBS), the Harvard Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) and the Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS). Read more about the program here: https://analytics.hbs.edu/. We are looking for a creative, solutions-oriented individual to fill the role of Assistant Director, Academic Operations.
The Assistant Director, Academic Operations for the Harvard Business Analytics Program is a professional with experience in the design and delivery of high-quality projects and programs. This position involves managing the implementation of all academic operations (courses, seminars, and on-campus immersions). They will also lead the design and delivery of additional program resources in order to ensure that students have an exceptional, professionally-applied, experience in the Harvard Business Analytics Program.
In addition, as assigned by the Program Director, the Assistant Director will lead discrete projects related to essential programmatic areas: academic affairs, admissions, curriculum design, enrollment management, information systems, student affairs, etc.
• Manage the delivery of program content, including preparing program schedules, hiring the academic support staff, logistics and special online exercises by liaising with staff, program faculty, and vendor resources.
• Supervise academic program staff (TA’s, Content Developers, Online Learning Managers) in order to ensure program and operational delivery excellence.
• Act as project manager for all program immersions (8 events per year), including managing schedules, staffing and immersion delivery
• Under the guidance of the Program Director, lead the design, development, and consistent reporting of metrics related to program performance.
• Manage end-to-end course evaluation processes in collaboration with vendor resources and academic staff.
• Ability to work consistently and constructively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
• Oversee identification and resolution of issues and communicate clear and timely updates.
• Document existing processes and recommend improvements as opportunities arise.
• Maintain a flexed schedule in order to be present for immersion programming on weekends, and occasional evening class sessions with a 7PM EST start time.
• As this is a new program, other duties will be assigned as we approach the program with an “all hands on deck” approach
School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.